Protecting your privacy is important
The APP’s are contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APP’s are available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website.
The IPP’s are contained in Part 3 of the Privacy Act 2020. The IPP’s are available from the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC) website.
- any Talent website or any other digital platform used by or operated for Talent;
- our prospective and current clients;
- our third party suppliers;
- individuals who apply for a contract or permanent positions with Talent International; and
- individuals who use the services of Talent International (including all beneficiaries of the Talent RISE charity (https://talentrise.org/)).
Information we collect about you
Talent International generally collects some or all of the following personal information and other information about you when you access any Talent website or any other digital platform used by or operated for Talent, submit a resume for our consideration, when you are in contact with a Talent International representative, or when you use any of our services:
- your name including any use of a pseudonym;
- your personal details (such as age, gender, etc.);
- your address and contact details;
- your employment history;
- information about personality, character, skills, qualifications and experience;
- information about career path and preferences;
- your bank account details and Tax File Number;
- referee opinions;
- interview opinions;
- forms of sensitive information (such as health information, criminal record, racial or ethnic origin, etc.) including as may be required to undertake, or obtained from, medical checks and criminal history checks;
- information required to ascertain your right to work in a particular jurisdiction;
- other information that you have supplied to any Talent website or any other digital platform used by or operated for Talent, any information you have supplied on your resume, any information relevant to proof of identity or other information provided in communications with a Talent International representative; and
- technical information relating to your access of any Talent website or any other digital platform used by or operated for Talent, and which may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information if applicable, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages you viewed or pages/services searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information or act under a pseudonym. However, this will severely restrict our ability to provide you with our services in seeking and being placed into work (or providing you with any of our charitable services through Talent RISE) and Talent may not be able to provide its services to you as a result.
How we obtain your personal information
We obtain most of your personal information directly from you, for example:
- when you access any Talent website or any other digital platform used by or operated for Talent;
- when you submit your resume to us;
- when you complete one of our registration forms or surveys, or provide any other information in connection with your application; and
- each time you communicate with a Talent International representative (by phone, fax, email or in person).
To verify your identity, we may request proof of identification from you including copies of your passport, visa, driver’s license or any other relevant licenses and will only do so for the performance of our activities or functions as a recruitment agency.
We also collect some of your personal information or other information from third parties including:
- reference checks with referees;
- information from former colleagues or candidates or a prospective member of staff that has nominated you as one of their referees;
- publicly available sources including newspapers, journals, directories, the Internet and social media sites;
- results of any competency or background checks including credit and criminal record checks;
- health information, including health information obtained from the results of medical checks and from medical records provided to us by you or by a third party medical practitioner having authority to do so;
- for beneficiaries of the Talent RISE charity, receiving information from other third-party organisations that refer you to the Talent RISE program;
- receiving any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace;
- receiving any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved;
- receiving any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved; and
- networking with your peers.
This information will be included in our records only to the extent necessary for the performance of our usual activities or functions.
In addition, Talent International may occasionally be required by law to collect, use and disclose your personal information, for example in order to comply with the requirements of government departments for business data.
Purposes of collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information
Talent International collects personal information about you to carry out its business functions, provide our services to you and fulfil its obligations to you, including (where applicable) in relation to:
- determining if you are suitable for a position;
- contacting you if a position becomes available that in which you may be interested;
- submitting your details to a client for a potential position;
- notifying clients of your skills and other attributes, and availability for any future positions;
- administration of payments to you, which may include the processing of sensitive information about you (e.g. sick leave);
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation;
- providing you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, been provided with or enquired about;
- any additional services which we provide our candidates and clients, including supporting individuals and companies throughout their career, supporting businesses’ resourcing needs and strategies;
- where applicable, providing you with the services of the Talent RISE charity;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, survey purposes and competitions;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
If you have been nominated by a former colleague or candidate or a prospective member of staff as one of their referees, we use your data to contact you for a reference. This is a part of our quality assurance procedure, and so we deem this to be necessary for our legitimate interests as an organisation offering recruitment services and employing people ourselves.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- prospective employers or entities seeking to fulfil contract positions (this may also include your buy rate if Talent International is operating under a preferred supplier agreement);
- prospective candidates for the purpose of arranging interviews and engagements;
- subcontractors required for us to provide the services to you, including technology partners, email specialists, event organisers, payment and other financial service institutions;
- staff of the departments responsible for administering the processes described above;
- related bodies corporate and third parties for the administration and provision of selected benefits and services (eg: background checking/screening, software solutions providers, training and superannuation); and
- providers of web analytics services, search engine, marketing automation platforms and social media services to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Talent websites and any other digital platforms used by or operated for Talent.
Your personal information may be transferred overseas, for the purposes and processes described above (for example, submitting your resume for an international position).
The list of countries where your personal information may be sent to & stored can be found here.
We may also disclose certain de-identified information about you to clients and potential clients for the purpose of promoting and advertising the diversity of our candidates. Such information only disclosed on an anonymised, aggregated and secure basis. The kinds of anonymised diversity metrics which may be included in such disclosures include racial or ethnic origin, gender identity, sexual orientation and disability. We will only collect, use and disclose such information with your prior written consent.
We may provide you with electronic marketing messages from time to time. You may opt out of receiving electronic messages from us at any time by contacting the Privacy Inquiry Service as set out below opt out mechanism included in our electronic marketing messages.
How to access, correct or update your personal information
Talent International relies on the accuracy of the personal information you provide to us.
To the extent authorised by privacy legislation and other applicable laws, you can access and amend your personal information held by Talent International.
If you wish to request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Talent International, you should contact the Privacy Inquiry Service (contact details below).
Security of your personal information
We generally hold personal information in electronic format, which we store either within our own internal systems and applications or using third party data processors and data storage providers.
We may otherwise hold your personal information in hard copy form which is stored in our offices.
Talent International will take reasonable steps to ensure that we hold your personal information in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for approved business purposes.
However, no data transmission across the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us across the internet. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Retention of your personal information
Privacy Inquiry Service
Please contact the Privacy Inquiry Service (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to:
- request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Talent International;
- inquire generally about your privacy rights and obligations;
- opting-out of receiving any direct marketing from us;
- provide suggestions or feedback in respect Talent International’s handling of personal information; or
- make a complaint in relation to Talent International’s handling of your personal information.
Alternatively, you may contact Talent International’s APAC Head Office at +61 2 9223 9855 for further information.
We take your privacy concerns seriously. If you have a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information or concerning our privacy practices, you may file a complaint with our Privacy Inquiry Service as set out above. We will confirm receipt of your complaint and, if necessary, will open an investigation into your complaint. We may need to contact you to request further details of your complaint. If an investigation has been opened following a complaint made by you, we will contact you with the result of that complaint as soon as possible.
In the unlikely circumstances we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may refer your complaint to the relevant authority in your jurisdiction.
If you are located in Australia
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner) at the contact details below:
- Address: GPO Box 5288, Sydney NSW 2001
- Phone: 1300 363 992
- Website: oaic.gov.au
If you are located in New Zealand
Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner at the contact details below:
- Address: PO Box 10 094, Wellington 6143.
- Phone: 0800 803 909 (Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm)
- Website: https://www.privacy.org.nz/
A cookie is a small string of information that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website and that information helps us to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. Cookies are also used for such activities as remembering your user name and password, if you use such a feature on this site.
You can turn off all cookies, in case you prefer not to receive them. You can also have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. For both options you have to adjust your browser settings (such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or other browser). There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the website you visit, and you may lose access to some of its features.
UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THE POLICY.
WHAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT.
Personal Information. We are a recruitment agency and recruitment business. We also provide the following other services, outsourcing and consultancy. In order to provide these services to you and to our customers, we may ask you for certain information referred to on this site as “personal information,” which includes information that pertains to your identity. Such information may include, but is not limited to, items such as:
your name, address, date of birth, age, gender, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, credit card or debit card number. private and corporate e-mail address and phone number, financial information, compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work, curriculum vitae, and government identification information.
You may be required to provide personal information to access or use certain parts of our website or features of the site. If you do not provide the requested personal information, you may not be able to access or use the features of the site where such information is requested.
There may be other instances in which we collect information from you that is more general in nature (“general information”). Such information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which enables us to identify your computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, which includes the World Wide Web. Your computer has an IP address, which is required in order for you to communicate with others via the Internet. Such general information, including the click stream data and cookies, as mentioned below, may be collected from you whenever you access the site, whether or not you provide us with any other personal information.
A set of website features may be accessible from web-enabled mobile devices. The intent is to provide screens that are optimized for the size of the screen and operating systems. On some devices, functionality may be limited. If you access this website through a mobile device, then we may collect information about your mobile device whether or not you provide us with any other personal information.
Please note that Talent does not sell your personal information. All information that you provide to us is used solely for the purpose of providing our services to our customers and to contractors.
How do we collect personal information?
Information you give to us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services, attend our events, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, networking events or referrals and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us or we collect about you may include your name, address, private and corporate e-mail address and phone number, or financial information, compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work, curriculum vitae and ID, links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or links to your professional profiles on the public domain.
Information we collect about you when you visit our website.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information if applicable, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we obtain from other sources.
This is information we obtain about you from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board, websites, online CV libraries, your business card, personal recommendations, network events, candidate interviews and legitimate conversations.
Click Stream Data
When you visit our website, we may also collect “click stream data” (server address, domain name). This information can be combined with information you have provided to us by registering, for example, which will enable us to analyze and better customize your visits. We may use click stream data for traffic analysis or e-commerce analysis of our website, to determine which features of our site are most or least effective or useful to you.
From whom do we collect personal information?
We collect the personal information of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business:
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent, interim, temporary, contract, fixed term roles;
- Prospective, established and current client contacts;
- Suppliers that support our services;
- Consultants, Employees, temporary workers.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Disclosures
Use of Social Media Tools
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will primarily use the personal information you provide and any general information we receive from you to provide products and services to you. We may also send you communications and marketing materials as follows:
A. To send you information or materials via e-mail about products, offers, and news we think might interest you. This information may relate to products, offers, and news of Talent or its licensees or selected commercial partners. If you no longer wish to receive any e-mails from us, or if you want to modify your personal data or want your personal data to be deleted from our database, see Section 12.
B. To analyze visits to the website and learn about the interests of our visitors in aggregate and also on a personal level to better understand your interests and needs, so we can improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features, and promotions that you are most interested in.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND GENERAL INFORMATION
In order to protect both the personal information and the general information that we receive from you through our website, we have implemented industry standard security measures.
Risk of Interception.
Please be aware that whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While Talent strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using this site, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through this site and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the site is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
Release of Information.
NO USE OF THIS SITE BY PERSONS UNDER 18 PERMITTED
Notice Concerning Children
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
WHO MAY ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION.
Talent employees and third-party service partners:
We will share your personal information with:
(1) Any member of the Talent group including members outside of the United States.
Categories of Data Shared or Disclosed with Third Parties:
We are working closely with third parties including companies within our Group, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, professional, payment and other services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, professional advisors and our CRM partner, Bullhorn. We may receive information about you from them for the purposes of our recruitment services and ancillary support services, AVEC, Talent Unleashed and Talent Rise:
- Clients for the purpose of introducing candidates to them;
- Candidates for the purpose of arranging interviews and engagements;
- Clients, business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and related business units of Talent Group, for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Subcontractors including email marketing specialists, event organizers, payment and other financial service providers;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site; and
- Credit reference agencies, our insurance broker, compliance partners and other sub- contractors for the purpose of assessing your suitability for a role where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Links to Third Parties
COOKIES. A cookie is a small string of information that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website and that information helps us to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. Cookies are also used for such activities as remembering your user name and password, if you use such a feature on this site. You can turn off all cookies, in case you prefer not to receive them. You can also have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. For both options you have to adjust your browser settings (such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or other browser). There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the website you visit, and you may lose access to some of its features.
DELETING OR MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION. You may cancel your registration at any time, and you may opt out of receiving any e-mails from Talent. We encourage you promptly to update your contact and personal information when it changes.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS