- EL1 Procurement Officer role within a federal government agency
- Contract Term: Initial contract till 30 June 2025 with up to 12 months extension option.
- AGSVA Baseline Security Clearance is required.
Our client is seeking a Procurement Officer (Labour hire) at EL1 equivalent level to join Health Workforce Data Intelligence Unit.
About the role
You will be part of the Health Workforce Data Intelligence Unit (HWDIU) – this is a dynamic team responsible for creating data-driven intelligence to support evidence-based reform of Australia’s health workforce. This team is committed to creating a thriving data-driven culture ensuring workforce data is used to its maximum potential. The HWDIU reports directly to the First Assistant Secretary of the Health Workforce Division and is led by a Senior Director.
Reporting to the Director, the role of the Procurement Officer involves leading a small team responsible for procurement processes including consultancies, labour hire, the management of contracts and tracking and managing budgets. It is the role of the Procurement Officer to engage with external stakeholders, provide direction to team members and be adaptive and flexible to emerging work needs.
The Procurement Officer must have a demonstrated history of experience in Government procurement processes and procedures. In addition, sound stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Lead procurement processes including consultancies and labour hire in line with Commonwealth Procurement guidelines and relevant departmental policies;
- Produce procurement documentation and complete updates within SAP;
- Manage contracts;
- Manage and track budgets
- Establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including liaison, negotiation, and consultation;
- Provide leadership and mentoring to team members.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 12 months experience working on Federal Government procurement
- Certificate 4 in Government Procurement
- To be eligible for employment in this role, you must be an Australian citizen, have an up-to-date police check with no qualifications or disclosable outcomes.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to Connie at Talent International by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button. Alternatively, you can contact Connie on 02 6129 6318 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.