Our client is a community focused federal government agency. They have an exciting opportunity available for multiple Participant Support Officers to join National Delivery Division Branch in assisting with front-line service delivery.
Labour Hire hourly rate contract until 31/12/2024 with the opportunity to extend. APS3 level role paying an hourly rate of $37.36 per hour + Superannuation, to be based out of our client’s Werribee location.
About the role:
The APS3 Participant Support Officer is a team membership position and is responsible for setting priorities and managing work flow for their role and producing work that is subject to regular monitoring by more senior positions within their management structure.
The position will undertake procedural, clerical, administrative support and operational tasks including some basic research and analysis activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and resolving participant matters by actioning planning tasks as per the NDIS Act.
- Providing counter/reception support for the local office including participant enquiries in the self-help kiosks and NDIA online support.
- Resolving customer enquiries, providing information and/or referring customers to appropriate government or community services.
- Managing the team shared email inbox, appointments and telephone enquiries.
- Coordinating appointments with the use of Agency office facilities and ensuring facilities are accessible for participants.
- Undertaking research and investigation activities and preparing associated reports and correspondence.
- Undertaking a range of data entry activities and ensuring follow up is completed.
- Receiving and recording complaints and other feedback in the NDIA Business systems.
- Australian citizenship is a requirement to be eligible for this position
- Previous experience within Government or Disability highly advantageous
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to manage conflict and difficult/sensitive conversations
- Microsoft Suite skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Ability to learn new systems and processes
- Willing to work 5 days on site
Successful candidates will need to be able to obtain a NDIS Worker Screening Check & a Working with Children check.
Submit your resume, or for further information please contact