Talent International is searching for an experienced Enterprise Technical Data Strategy to join our State Government client based in Brisbane CBD on a contract until August 2024 + likely extensions.
// Deliver an enterprise data platform’s establishment
// Contract until August 2024 + likely extensions
// Brisbane CBD location – 2 days wfh
A talented professional is needed in this newly created role as an Enterprise Technical Data Specialist (ETDS) in the Insights Platform Program. Reporting to the program’s Data Architect – Enterprise Level, the role will assist in the development of foundation enterprise data entities, modelling of data, implementation of the Master Data Assets, oversee the technical architecture for the program.
- Assist with design and development of Enterprise Data Platform solution, working with the business teams, data teams, IT teams and external vendors;
- Work with the business and other team members (e.g., Business Analysts, Data Modelers, BI Analysts) to understand and review requirements and design fit-for-purpose enterprise data common model, data dictionary requirements and user-focused Power BI visualisations and reports;
- Review data common model design, warehouse and ETL design;
- Work with source system teams to define data agreements to meet development requirements;
- Ensure compliance with existing governance and management standards, and support the maturity of these standards;
- Prepare, maintain and enhance technical documentation;
- Assist in the prepare of project documentation required to progress the projects through assurance gates;
- Support the development and implementation of a plan to transition on-premises Branch systems and processes (e.g., data warehouse) into Microsoft Azure, including building existing staff capability in the use of Azure resources;
- Provide technical leadership to the development team and serve as a key technical strategic advisor to Stream leads and senior officers to shape work plans, identify risks, consider cost implications and identify sustainable solutions.
- Reverse-engineering of legacy physical data models and transform them to target models using Information Architecture principles.
- Use contemporary tools to generate models and to import / export models to the target state environments.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in complex government change programs, (preferable data, ICT related)
- Experience operating within large and complex ICT programs of work.
- Extensive experience in data warehouse architecture, data modelling, database and ETL design;
- Extensive experience with solutions involving Microsoft Azure resources (e.g., Lake, Synapse), Databricks and Power BI – their individual and combined architectures;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing, implementing and configuring Microsoft Azure products;
- Experience in transitioning existing on-premises systems and processes to Microsoft Azure;
- Demonstrated strong experience in designing and developing interactive reports in Microsoft Power BI;
- Proactive engagement and communication approach with business and technical stakeholders and team members;
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in data modelling principles, such as logical and conceptual data models
- Proficiency in using semantic models, business intelligence tools to represent insights
- Experience in database administration and software development tools and scripts
- A foundational knowledge of mathematical concepts and statistical analysis
- Experience with data modelling tools like Power Designer and Spark EA or a Cloud based data modelling tool
- Demonstrated experience in working with cloud-based data transformation, DevOps and DevOps Pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage with competing priorities.
- High attention to detail and well organised.
- Highly developed verbal communication skills with business and technical stakeholders.
How to Apply:
To find out more, please “Apply for this job” or contact Samantha Burkin or Mats Rorvik on 07 3031 4522 or 07 3031 4512 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com