Avec Global is a leading consulting business in APAC with an ever-growing footprint in providing capability and delivery focused projects to Tier 1 enterprises. Projects delivered include Transformation projects, Digital and Process uplift, Data and Automation and Business intelligence. Our clients include some of the best-known companies in the APAC region. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering our clients to deliver exceptional services for their customers.
We are currently seeking a Senior BI Developer/Consultant who will work as a Senior in a small team of BI Analysts (from the client side), and assist with developing a workable framework for data migration from excel based reporting to PowerBI. This job will support the enablement of innovative and efficient dashboards and is responsible for diving into data, cleaning it, transforming it, understanding it, and preparing it for reporting & analysis.
You will use expert data analysis and transformation skills to fully leverage and optimize our client’s data and analytics portfolio to allow stakeholders as much flexibility as possible to view and dig into their metrics through a new lens. You will also be expected to teach junior Analysts and developers’ best practices, and contribute to style guideline best practices.
General tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the design, creation, and maintenance of complex reporting solutions to support business needs across the organization
- Lead BI Developer team (non-managerial, coaching and direction only) on completion and timeliness of tasks, including contributing to teams professional growth
- Develops an understanding of business processes and operational tools in order to create meaningful report designs
- Design and develop creative and complex interactive visualizations utilizing BI applications & Develop multiple prototypes, mock-ups and conceptualization of ideas that bring simplicity and context to complex design challenges
- SQL skills to create complex joins and awareness of functions & cursors
- Good understanding of DataMart/Data warehouse concepts
- Analyze, study and understand business domain data requirements, user task flows and objectives and create pixel perfect design solutions for visual data delivery and analysis
- Partner with stakeholders to plan, communicate, and deliver data solutions successfully and timely
- Other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist, with strong proficiency in Power BI.
- Solid experience in SQL and working with relational databases.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to dissect large amounts of data.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft reporting suite
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively convey complex information.
- Experience in large Tier1 enterprise environment is a plus.
This role is a 6 months initial contract with a potential to extend for an additional 6-12 months period.
If the role sounds like you please apply with your most updated CV or call Bini James at 03 9236 7708 or 0432606542