The program is aimed at improving the quality, accuracy and timeliness of fisheries management data.
As part of this opportunity, the successful candidate will be required to perform the following-
- Provide technical and customer support to commercial fishers to assist them with installing, using, and maintaining e-monitoring equipment as part of a field trial.
- Liaise with e-monitoring suppliers, field trial participants and other trades people to answer enquiries via phone, email and in person relating to e-monitoring instalments and activities.
- Analyse e-monitoring data to troubleshoot or identify potential system issues that require addressing.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including other government agencies, on e-monitoring matters.
- Assist with the administration and development of independent monitoring plans and policies.
- Support the preparation of communication materials relating to the field trial and independent monitoring.
- Download, de-encrypt and analyse e-monitoring footage using supplied software.
- Help to develop standard review protocols for e-monitoring footage.
- Reviewing and analysing information and data from existing fisheries reporting platforms.
- Interpreting and implementing legislation
Essential requirements for this role:
- Familiarity with commercial fishing vessels and operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with, and relate to, commercial fishers.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Good time management skills
- Good problem solving skills
- The ability and desire to work as part of a small team
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office and other IT skills
- Agility to adapt to work changes and manage a variety of tasks.
- Hold a C Class – Open Driver’s License
Desirable to this role are:
- Experience with commercial fishing operations
- Experience working with commercial fishers.
- Technical skills and knowledge of electronic equipment used on commercial fishing vessels.
Term of Engagement:
The term of contract engagement the department is currently seeking up to 30 June 2024. With possible extension.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, Talent and everything in-between, don’t hesitate to call Brid Coughlan on 0439 213 636 for a confidential discussion.