- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Rhodes location
- Extremely flexible work environment – work from home 4 days per week!
- $130,000 inclusive of super
- Highly competitive Employee Benefits on offer
A leading IT Advisory organisation, specialising in market and data analytics for retail and consumer based organisations is seeking a Support Engineer to join their team in a permanent career opportunity.
You will be joining the Business Technology team, performing application support for a company who is rapidly growing and asserting themselves as a leader in this market.
About the role:
- You will join a team of skilled IT professionals, responsible for application support across the business’s various offerings
- This position reports into the Service Delivery Manager, sitting in the wider Business Technology team. This team has 7 people
- The businesses applications provide customers with an opportunity to visualise their consumer data and optimise their performance and sales
- There are 3 different aspects to the role as part of skillset required – Unix background, data base skillset & general support skillset
- This role will be working on tickets, these all come through from customers/clients to their relevant customer service contact, and they are then escalated to this team
- There is a Level 1 helpdesk team who deal with basic issues, more difficult tickets then flow through to this team – data issues, application, user issues, problems with the reports that have been created – there are lots of different people involved in finding the resolution to these problems so you will have to work out who to go to and speak with to resolve these issues
- Determining Root Cause Analysis – try and prevent these issues from happening in the first place
- You will provide health checks periodically of their systems and ensure they are working to their best standard
- You will work with stakeholders both locally and globally, collaborating and communicating cross-functionally
- You will act as the second escalation point for their customers, investigating and finding root cause analysis for any issues
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience with Web based applications in a large, complex production environment
- Experience with Unix/Linux – knowledge of looking at files and the ability to find root cause to any issues
- Working knowledge of ITIL and ticketing workflows
- SQL knowledge – able to query data and triage and refine any issues
- Python experience- desirable
- MongoDB – Desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working: the ability to work from home 4 days a week, with one day a week in the office with the rest of the team
- 2 paid days leave per year to spend to relax and recharge
- A day off on your birthday!
- Competitive Internal Referral Program – if you refer someone into the business you receive $3,500-$4000!
- Free counselling sessions for employee wellbeing
- Free gym and swimming pool available
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, please APPLY NOW or email your CV to Sophia.email@example.com