Talent International are currently recruiting for a Solicitor to join the Estate litigation team (including family provision and probate litigation) of a NSW Government client based in Sydney CBD. This position is an initial 6 month contract with the view to be extended and will be paying an hourly rate between $50-80 P/H + Superannuation.
Primary purpose of the role:
Provide high-level legal services (advice, transaction and/or litigation), research and support in complex areas of law to ensure the provision of high quality, efficient and effective legal services for the State government organisation and its clients.
- Provide high level legal services (advice, transactions and/or litigation) to the organisation and its clients in accordance with the law, policy, procedures and practice standards.
- Undertake legal and administrative matters and oversee the co-ordination of outsourced legal services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Conduct litigation before Courts and/or Tribunals as the Department’s representative.
- Interpret, analyse and prepare complex legal documents including legal records, correspondence, legislation, court orders, policies, reports, submissions, contracts, deeds and briefs to counsel.
- Undertake research, manage and provide advice on matters arising in areas of operation to ensure effective service delivery.
- Contribute to the development and review of legal standards and practices, policies, systems, procedures, manuals, precedents and processes; and development and delivery of training to ensure the delivery of high quality, effective and efficient professional services.
- Contribute to the development and responses to legal reviews, law reform proposals and legal initiatives and programs, and respond to formal and informal requests for information, including court subpoenas and applications under relevant legislation.
* Comply with practice management standards, policies and procedures, including accurately and contemporaneously recording time spent on legal work and preparing invoices.
Essential Requirements to be successful:
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) or Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school.
- At least 3 years post-admission experience in Estate Litigation.
- Strong understanding of Estate Litigation law principles, relevant statutes, and regulations.
- Excellent legal research and analytical skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in legal documentation.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be ideal
If you can demonstrate all the above, then please apply now by submitting your resume and a cover letter. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 82409516 for a confidential discussion.