Our client, a well know financial services company, is continuing to build upon their multiyear transformation roadmap with targeted change and introduction of new capabilities within the organisation. Their aim is to have teams deliver high quality uplifts to services, features and overall experience for their employees and customers.
We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to work in a newly created role and assist our client, their tech engineering teams to uplift their SOEs, frameworks and develop best practices. The teams you will interface with will be Engineering, Development, Testing, Infrastructure and Support teams. Your role will be instrumental in delivering a future state framework for these various teams that will ultimately land within your practice.
This is a newly created role which means you have a nearly clean slate, and a bunch of eager listeners who are keen to use your experience in setting up SOE and Development Practice frameworks.
What we are looking for:
- Manager that can lead a development/engineering team to build new product capabilities
- Expertise in planning, processes and people management
- Ability to deliver projects in a timely manner
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Professional experience running software products at scale
What you’ll do:
- Lead Software Development Teams which will include 5- 10 direct reports. These teams can include engineers with different skill sets across the stack.
- Manage Team Execution and Deliverable Management: You’ll help your teams achieve their goals by setting strategic frameworks, estimating delivering completed products and hitting those estimates
- Grow and Develop your Teams: recruit top talent, improve team performance through mentorship, effective 1:1s, and managing under-performance
- Introduce Best Practices for software development, including code quality, bug prioritization, code refactoring, and documentation
- Contribute Technically: you’ll be helping to lead and add value to system design/architecture conversations
Required for the role:
- Several years of Engineering Management experience
- Team performance management
- Product development processes and best practices, including code quality, bug prioritization, code refactoring, and documentation
- Hiring and team development
- Team execution and deliverables
- Agile project management
- Good communication to different stakeholders
- Prior success as an individual contributor software engineer. You are technical.
- Training in giving feedback and leadership development
This role is a unique opportunity that helps you build a team, a legacy as of giving direction to development teams in the business.
If the role sounds like you, please apply now or call Bini James on 03 9236 7708 or 0432 606 542