- Level 1 and some Level 2 support
- Flexible WFH
This position will work to deliver exceptional customer service to our community, whilst continuing to innovate and create value in all work undertaken by Council.
This position operates in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment with a broad range of customers across multiple contact channels and sites. As the first point of contact, the position is responsible for the provision of professional 1st level and some 2nd level IT support in order to effectively respond to incidents, problems and service requests within established service agreements, operating targets, standards, agreements and procedures.
- Provide effective professional 1st level and some 2nd level IT support across Council by: managing all request types (incident, problem, requests) end-to-end following standard ITIL processes; providing technical troubleshooting and resolution of complex problems using investigative techniques; educating customers; and providing timely escalation where required / appropriate.
- Ensure quality customer outcomes / relationships through the use of effective customer service principles and by promoting a customer centric mentality across Council.
- Administer effective security management processes for system access in order to safeguard Council data and assets. Ensure all incidents / requests are categorised / recorded efficiently and correctly and identify opportunities for business / process improvement based on re-occurring issues / trends / observations from incidents / requests captured.
- Provide effective services as per the Service Catalogue, service targets and service level agreements
- Assist in the maintenance of a detailed asset register of all IT hardware, application software and peripheral equipment in order to maintain Council’s IT asset records.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the IT industry / emerging technologies, and relevant legislation, policies, procedures and opportunities through analysis, research and industry expertise.
- Contribute to the development of an internal knowledgebase and assist to promote and increase the availability of self-service capability.
- Model positive safety behaviours and lead Workplace Health and Safety compliance of relevant policies, procedures and legislative requirements so Everyone Goes Home Safe Today.
- Deliver an outcomes-focused and value-adding culture where leaders and staff take personal accountability for delivering on Council’s Corporate Plan and policies.
- Follow reasonable directions to maintain business continuity of critical business activities in the event of an unplanned disruption, including but not limited to a disaster or event.
- Tertiary qualifications or an Associate Diploma in IT, or equivalent demonstrated experience in relevant disciplines.
- Formal qualifications and / or demonstrated experience in the discipline of Service Management e.g. ITIL. At least 3 years’ experience in a similar or related IT Service Desk role, with excellent knowledge of IT theory, practice and industry standards particularly relating to an IT Service Desk function.
- Expert knowledge and or experience in: ITIL / principles, ServiceNow, Microsoft Windows and management tools; Windows Domain environments employing Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory Services; remote desktop tools; PC hardware and peripherals; software deployment technologies and products such as Microsoft SCCM; local and wide area networking technologies; VMWare infrastructure systems and management tools; Android and Apple mobile technology; and security related technologies. Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, consultation, negotiation, relationship building and client servicing skills.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience effectively communicating with diverse stakeholders to achieve quality customer outcomes and to educate / capacity build.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technologies and integrating diverse user systems.
If you are interested please apply below, alternatively you contact Ziomi Warchalowski on 0475092132