The Service Desk Officer is responsible for providing a first point of contact for the support and delivery of high-quality end user digital services to the client and is instrumental in providing operational knowledge and experience for Incident Management and Request Fulfillment.
The role will:
- Provide support by receiving, logging, resolving and escalating service requests and incidents in a fast and efficient manner following established policies, procedures, and standards for Digital Products and Services. Ensure issues are escalated to the relevant Digital Platforms as required.
- Analyse and resolve requests to maximise resolution at point of call, otherwise allocate requests based on resolver group availability and escalate as appropriate.
- Promptly and accurately allocate calls and manage que’s as appropriate and act as a Subject Matter Expert for resolution and management of incidents and or service requests and ensuring issues are escalated to Digital Platforms for resolution.
- Provide meaningful, relevant, timely and accurate updates to call logging system including identifying the urgency and impact of request and adhering to set processes. and investigating issues in systems and services and assist with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures, including providing critical stakeholder communications.
- Respond to customer requests within agreed service level timeframes, ensuring customers are kept informed and notified of call resolution and closure, ensuring customer service is enhanced through provision of a quality support service for Digital function to meet organisational and customer objectives.
- Educate customers on Digital technologies and promote Digital Self-Serve to drive efficiencies across our operations.
- Install software to Digital standards, ensuring appropriate configuration, connectivity, and functionality.
- Contribute to the development, creation and maintenance of Service Desk and Desktop Support improvements, processes, procedures and documentation, training materials and creation of Knowledge Base (KB) articles.
- Completed a Microsoft or CompTIA Certification, or have demonstrated experience in Information Technology, or related disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in working in an IT Support Function and providing subject matter expertise.
- Knowledge of Service Desk system and IT Tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in resolving problems with PC systems, peripherals, desktop operating systems and common desktop application products such as MS Office, Internet Explorer and email and/or experience with deployment and configuration scripts on a Microsoft platform and with deploying software installation packages using scripts and packaging tools.
- Understanding of IT service principles and service levels.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, Talent and everything in-between, don’t hesitate to call Brid Coughlan on 0439 213 636 for a confidential discussion.