Working for this leading higher education institution as a Solution Architect you purpose is to ensure alignment between the University’s business and IT strategy. This involves the development and communication of solution architectures resolving stakeholder concerns, which are aligned with the Enterprise Architecture and IT strategy.
The Solution Architect also oversees the deployment of those projects within the agreed solution architecture. The role contributes to the development of IT strategy and architecture and may coach and support technical groups. The Solution Architect will have the vision and drive, to continuously improve solutions in support of IT delivery, working collaboratively with other IT teams and stakeholders to ensure recognition of, and responsiveness to, the needs of internal and external clients.
- Use appropriate tools and techniques, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Provide specific advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly
- Drive the selection of and implementation of new technologies which provide business benefit to the organization; support articulation of business cases
- Contribute to domain architecture including principles and standards and work with other Solution Architects to ensure these are incorporated into designs
- Responsible for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution
- Collaborate with, and facilitate stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements
- Manage specialist consultancy and system integrators
Skills and experience
- Highly developed knowledge and skills in solution architecture and the architecture process
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating large-scale, cross-organisational initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent consultancy skills, including communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Broad understanding of current and emerging technology and possible business applications
- Commercial acumen, and market awareness
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Customer oriented, business outcomes focussed, self-starter
- Ability to relate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Post-tertiary professional qualifications in architecture eg: TOGAF will be highly regarded.
Apply now to secure an interview or contact Wes Elsayed on 9236 7766 for a confidential discussion.