Working for this leading higher education institution as a Solution Architect you will be part of a large Portfolio focusing on the replacement of a key business system with a new configured off the shelf solution.
Your brand-new role will see ensure the alignment between business and IT strategy through development and communication of solution architectures resolving stakeholder concerns, which are aligned with the Enterprise Architecture and IT strategy.
- Use appropriate tools and techniques, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Provide specific advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly
- Seek to fully address stakeholder needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited
- Manage specialist consultancy and system integrators
Skills and experience
- Highly developed knowledge and skills in solution architecture and the architecture process
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating large-scale, cross-organisational initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent consultancy skills, including communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Broad understanding of current and emerging technology and possible business applications
- Commercial acumen, and market awareness
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Customer oriented, business outcomes focussed, self-starter
- Ability to relate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Post-tertiary professional qualifications in architecture eg: TOGAF will be highly regarded.
Apply now to secure an interview or contact Wes Elsayed on 9236 7766 for a confidential discussion.