- 12 month initial contract (view to extend over 2 years)
- NV1/NV2 Clearance required
- On site 5 days (Sydney location)
- $1,198 per day incl super
Our client is looking for a Senior Network Technician to service one of their largest defense clients on a critical program of work.
As a Senior Network Technician, you will be at the forefront of designing, building, deploying, and supporting complex network solutions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, constructing, deploying, and providing support for intricate network solutions.
- Completing and reviewing all relevant network documentation.
- Creating and maintaining network reference architectures to support solutions development.
- Offering expert network Subject Matter Expert (SME) advice to customers, internal, and external stakeholders to facilitate project definition, system architecture, and process improvement.
- Identifying innovative service improvements to enhance network solutions.
- Providing leadership, training, and support to customers and project personnel.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Defence as a Senior Network/Gateway engineer.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing large-scale, geographically dispersed, and constrained networks, including expertise in Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Segmentation, Access controls, and Load balancing.
- Strong knowledge and experience designing Unified communications VOIP/VTC systems.
- Strong knowledge of industry-standard frameworks (e.g., TOGAF) and the ability to apply frameworks to architecture and solution design, including test and evaluation procedures.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience with SEA2273 Minerva systems.
- Ability to rapidly design and architect proof-of-concept systems to support analysis, testing, accreditation, and approval activities, preferably within a DevSecOps process.
- Knowledge of Military/Defence-oriented frameworks views (e.g., DODAF and NAF).
- Monday to Friday business hours.
- Sydney based preferred.
- Must have and maintain a Negative Vetting 2 (NV2) security clearance before commencing work.
If this role sounds like you, please APPLY NOW!