Talent International is currently recruiting for a Senior Ministerial Liaison Officer to work for an NSW Government client based in Parramatta. The position is a 3-month contract role with the possibility of being extended and are paying $66.18 – $72.93 per hour + Super.
8 hours a day / 40 hours a week
Location: 4PSQ 1-2 days and WFH
The Senior Ministerial Liaison Officer is responsible for coordinating and delivering accurate and timely responses and advice related to all parliamentary and ministerial requests to contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of services that support Department and Government commitments.
- Coordinate, prepare, and deliver the full range of parliamentary and ministerial material including House Folder Notes, Budget Estimates Notes, responses to Parliamentary Questions, and speeches, ensuring they meet the required standards in terms of accuracy and style requirements.
- Coordinate the timely distribution of requests to relevant Portfolio areas, review the accuracy and quality of responses provided, and make recommendations for improvements or changes to responses.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, facilitating their engagement in, and contribution to, timely and accurate briefings and material that meet required standards.
- Provide advice and support to senior executives and managers across the Department to consistently interpret and improve on the quality and timeliness of responses.
- Provide timely and relevant performance reporting to key stakeholders to ensure management of Ministerial and Parliamentary requests are progressed to meet timeframes.
- Research, evaluate, and review complex, sensitive or emerging issues to contribute to responses that address requests from the Minister’s and Secretary’s Offices.
- Monitor and maintain quality assurance measures and protocols to ensure high standards of content and processes are achieved in a complex and high-profile environment characterised by demanding deadlines and competing priorities.
- Actively identify and contribute to the evaluation of and changes to systems, procedures, and processes to optimise efficiency and to support the continual improvement of services.
- Delivering ministerial and parliamentary documents to the required standards and timeframes, given the need to rapidly understand and integrate information from a variety of sources and adapt in an often changing and unpredictable environment.
- Dealing effectively and discretely with complex and politically sensitive briefings and material in a high-profile environment
- Maintaining an awareness of current issues and working in an environment characterised by competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Document Preparation and Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Quality Assurance and Improvement
- Communication and Advisory
- Research and Analysis
- Efficiency and Process Optimization
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW by submitting your resume in MS Word Format. For further information, you may contact Uvez Ahmed on 02 8240 9596 / email@example.com for a confidential discussion.