- Senior Finance Business Partner role within a state government agency
- Central Canberra location with flexible working arrangement
- Initial contract until 31 March 2024 ($75-$80/hr + Super)
Our client is seeking for a Senior Finance Business Partner to join the team to provide financial and administrative support to Colleges, Divisions and the Executive and as required, to act as a liaison point for external parties.
The Finance Business Partner(Business Support Manager) reports to the Senior Director, Finance.
Provision of finance and administrative support services to CIT’s Colleges and Divisions including:
- Financial management, including costing, forecasting, analysis, reporting, debtor and creditor management and cash management;
- Budget management including development, monitoring, analysis and reporting (operating and capital);
- Procurement, contracts and records management;
- Provision of support on financial aspects of operational decisions, including in human resource planning and recruitment;
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on financial, quality and other statistical performance indicators;
- Assisting with internal and external governance processes including audits and other compliance activities;
- Managing continuous improvement including for business processes and controls;
- This position may involve the direct supervision of staff.
In addition to specific functional and task requirements of the positions, responsibilities also include:
- Supporting Finance and Corporate Services functions more broadly;
- Managing, developing, training and mentoring staff to achieve optimal performance;
- Developing, managing and monitoring Setting My Directions (SMD) requirements in accordance with stipulated timeframes for all staff inclusive of ensuring timely completion of required annual training;
- Assisting in the development, review and application of professional standards, policy and procedures; and
- Undertaking other support duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the following functional work areas is essential:
- Accrual accounting & accrual financial
- Costing and resourcing
- Management accounting, analysis and reporting
- General administration support
- Performance analysis and reporting
- Highly desirable Post-Secondary/Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in Finance and Accounting is required.
- Highly desirable Membership (or progress towards membership) of a peak accounting body (e.g., CPA, IPA, ICAA) will be highly regarded.
- To be eligible for temporary employment you must be in Australia on a visa with work rights or be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to Connie at Talent International by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button. Alternatively, you can contact Connie on 02 6129 6318 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.