- Are you ready to take your career in cybersecurity to the next level? Join a dynamic and growing Canberra team as a Security Operations Manager.
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Australian Citizenship with a current NV1 security clearance is a requirement for this role
- Canberra located
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact by providing expert guidance on governance and security guidelines for a client tasked with delivering a whole-of-government federated information sharing and analysis environment.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Create robust, scalable processes to deliver compliance objectives.
- Provide guidance and expertise on governance and security frameworks to maintain Information Security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Research and identify emerging threats.
- Implement and monitor security alerts.
- Work closely with the project team to assist with security compliance initiatives and implementing robust security practices.
- Implement, manage, and review site security processes in compliance with Australian Government security standards.
- Investigate security breaches and provide timely notifications and reports to government agencies where required.
- Assist with Code of Conduct and related investigations when required.
- Collaborate with Law Enforcement and National Security Agencies in compliance with the TIA Act when required.
- Participate in customer and Government security audits and compliance inspections.
- Manage the security operations center services.
- Undertake security operations to identify security incidents and compromises based on agreed rules.
- Conduct analysis, investigations, and alerting based on agreed processes.
- Manage and configure the Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) to support the client’s security business requirements and align with the client’s security policy.
- Handle client information in accordance with legislative frameworks and interagency agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to be involved with security incidents, perform forensic analysis, and deliver post incident reviews.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- An approachable, supportive and can-do attitude.
- Extensive relevant industry security experience.
- Experience performing application vulnerabilities scanning, security alerts monitoring & triage, and using SIEM to monitor security alerts.
- Experience in support tools including ElasticSearch, Jira & Confluence.
- Experience in cloud environments, preferably Azure.
- Excellent conceptual ability, skills in analysis and problem solving.
- An aptitude for picking up new technologies and procedures.
Due to the nature of our clients, you must be an Australian citizen and hold a minimum of a Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) security clearance and be able to work full time onsite at a customer’s premises in Canberra.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to Yvonne Yang at Talent by clicking the ‘APPLY NOW’ button. Alternatively, you can contact Yvonne on 02 6129 6315 for further information.