The Client & Role:
We’re currently working with an established utilities organization who are looking to bring on a Project Manager for their newly formed Asset and Knowledge team, as the PM in this newly formed team you will delivering several dozen projects related to Process & Automation.
Initially offered as a 6 month contract the role has a strong likelihood of extension following the volume of work.
- Ensuring OT projects are successfully scoped/defined, priced, scheduled, managed/delivered by Service Providers and closed.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to identify, define and organise interdependent scope delivered by others (e.g. IT provider, SCADA etc.) to enable successful project delivery.
- Maintaining engagement with OT Service Provider’s, project sponsors, governance committees and any internal/external stakeholders to facilitate project delivery and required handovers (operators, maintenance provider etc.).
- Ensuring compliance for control system projects and that external providers deliver on project outcomes.
- Management of project risks and escalation to governance committees and sponsors as required.
- Manage monthly financial, scheduling and other reporting aspects of OT projects.
- Managing Service Provider performance in delivery of OT projects and maintenance services.
- Reviewing and approving Service Provider contractual claims (variations, etc.), managing disputes and escalating issues to the appropriate governance and steering committees where required.
- Identifying, leading and supporting continuous improvement initiatives to support best practice project and program delivery.
- Drive generative safety culture on projects.
Required Skills & Specialisms:
- Relevant tertiary degree (Engineering) or equivalent.
- Significant experience in industrial/construction project delivery, contract and change management.
- Competency-based project management certification is desirable (PMP, AIPM, PRINCE etc.).
- Experience managing Service Provider’s, including performance management, contract/claim management etc.
- Experience with asset management systems and software such as Maximo/SAP is desirable.
- Knowledge of Operational Technology (OT), preferably in the context of process and automation industry.
- Highly developed project management skills including managing project scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk and stakeholders.
- Comfortable reading, interpreting and applying service provider or construction services contracts.
If you’re a Project Manager with a strong background in process and automation projects, apply via the link provided, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniel on 0421 909 649