Our client is a global organisation with an office here in Melbourne. Due to growth, they are now seeking a Project Manager with an engineering background for an urgent project delivery and to represent the client as the key liaison with various government jurisdictions.
In this role, you will spearhead approval programs aimed at testing and ensuring the performance compliance. Your mission will be to manage the end-to-end execution of these programs, ensuring they meet the technical and contractual requirements set forth by the jurisdictions. You will drive the team, fill the gaps, and not just report progress.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for delivering program objectives, monitoring program performance, identifying, and mitigating risks, seizing opportunities, and managing change control, all while adhering to internal rules and processes.
- Collaboration will be a key aspect of this role, as you work closely with team members across the organisation and interface with suppliers to ensure alignment with program objectives.
- Act as the primary representative of our organisation in both the internal program and the relationship with jurisdictions.
- Coordination of engineering team to complete hardware and software design / development
- Coordination with customer and external testing companies
- Sourcing and scheduling testing track facilities, including the sourcing of generators, poles, cabling, and other required infrastructure
- Create (or assist with creating) technical reports, internal project updates, project schedules, project management plan and user documentation
To apply for this opportunity, you will need the following:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the Engineering (product design, product testing, electronics, etc fields), not information technology.
- Intelligent Transport Systems or a field related to this either e.g.: radar, camera technology
- Experience with government client engagement and contracts
- Proficiency in company resource planning and management.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Outlook).
- Experience in contract management is preferred
- Exposure to international business operations is advantageous.
This contract is for an initial 6-month full time and can be a daily rate with possible extension. The client offers a flexible work arrangement, modern offices, and a friendly international team. There may be some need to travel New Zealand occasionally. This requirement will need you to be based in Melbourne and be in the office at least 4 days per week to work directly with the Engineering Team. ASAP start preferred.
For more information, please call Shelley on 0418 572 482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Short listed candidates will be contacted.