Long term day rate contract based in Melbourne, Geelong, Canberra, or Sydney for a Pricing Policy Leader with a background in evidence based analysis informing government policy making, project management, and team leadership.
- 12 months + ongoing potential
- Hybrid workplace flexibility
- Day rate contract, open market rates
The Pricing Policy team leads the Annual Pricing Review which assesses the ongoing accuracy of the price control framework and other market settings. The review involves engagement with both sides of the market, the community, and government stakeholders. Feedback is gathered through consultation, working groups and targeted research. Market data is analysed, trends modelled, and based on the qualitative and quantitative data – pricing policy is developed to inform the sector.
The final output, The Annual Pricing Review Report, is published in line with the financial year.
Role and Responsibilities
This is an Executive Level 1 (EL1) position within the Economics and Pricing Branch. You’ll work with fellow EL1’s in Pricing Engagement, Scheme Actuary, and the Economics team with 3 main areas of focus:
1. Consultations – between now and mid-February analysing 300-500 submissions from Providers, sitting in on workshops, summarising outcomes and performing comparison analysis to the papers and submissions received
2. Economic Research – work with the EL1 Economics Lead and team to understand wages, inflation, and economic influences
3. Business Dynamism – work with EL1 Scheme Actuary to understand data and trends
1+2+3 used to write informed policy and the Annual Pricing report….
- Experience leading small teams of Analysts
- Experience in evidence based qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Must have experience reading and writing informed, endorsed policy – ability to present examples at interview HIGHLY regarded.
- Ability to project manage and drive the development of an annual publication – project management oversight for the development of key projects to ensure delivery on time to the expected quality
- Ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Government policy preferred, or experience in government combined with other sectors
- Ability to work between March and mid July with minimal annual leave (less than 1 week) during the team’s busiest period
To apply, please email email@example.com // 0408 388 680