- Exciting opportunity for a Network Security Engineer
- 12 Month contract + multiple extensions
- ACT, VIC, WA, QLD
- Must hold an NV1 Security Clearance to apply for this role
Our Client is is the Australian Government lead agency for cyber security.
The ICT Network Security Engineer is responsible for undertaking the analysis and assessment of network services/systems within both physical and virtual environments. They will plan technical verification activities, operate network services/systems, and develop vulnerability assessment findings and remediation advice. Some onsite work in OT environments is also required.
The ICT Network Security Engineer’s major responsibilities include:
- Analyse and report on the cyber security posture of computer networks, both physical and virtual
- Plan and implement activities to validate, and technically verify the implementation of network security controls
- Plan and recommend changes to network device configuration or architecture based on assessment results
- Provide feedback on network requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure
- Provide feedback on maintaining network infrastructure devices, and network backup and recovery procedures
- Test, maintain, and operate network devices and infrastructure in support of assessment objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g. application of defence-in-depth)
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing activities to validate, and technically verify the implementation of network security controls
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, maintaining, and improving established network practices
- Demonstrated experienced in using network management tools to analyse network traffic patterns and interpreting the information collected.
- Demonstrated experience in providing feedback on network requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience configuring and operating a range of network security devices (e.g. hardware firewalls, servers, routers, as appropriate)
You must hold an NV1 Security Clearance to apply for this role
To apply for this role click ‘Apply’ or call Jess Jurkovic on 02 6129 6305 to talk about this opportunity further.