Our client is a large federal government agency. They are seeking multiple business analysts to join their Service Design & Improvement Branch.
The position to be based out of Richmond, with up to 2 days working from home each week.
Initial 12 month contract’s at either APS6 or EL1 level, paying from $60.26 + Super up to $602.55 daily + Super.
Responsibilities of the role may include but are not limited to:
- Producing reports, interpreting data and analysing results using standard statistical techniques.
- Coordinating divisional and branch reporting requirements to monitor and track improvement and performance outcomes.
- Developing business functional requirements and resources, consistent with contractual, legislative and policy environments.
- Translating business metrics to inform internal stakeholder requirements including efficiency, improvement and performance outcomes to optimise customer experience.
- Designing and delivering workshops, communication and consultation resources that support complex systems and business information gathering and sharing.
- Establishing and implementing governance and compliance processes, dashboards and management systems to track branch and divisional performance against plans and targets.
- Implementing and maintaining audit and risk processes, controls and undertaking issues resolution.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of proposed solutions and design.
- Supporting the transition of business requirements over to build teams for development.
- Supporting verification testing of the built solution to ensure alignment to business requirements.
To apply for this contract opportunity, you will need the following:
- Proficiency in analysing and documenting current state versus future state process maps.
- Ability to elicit, document and manage business requirements into Epics and User Stories
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify inefficiencies and recommend improvements
- Ability to undertake systems testing against defined acceptance criteria during the build and testing cycles of development
- Facilitating workshops with other stakeholders, Business Analysts, User Experience and User Interface (UX/UI) Designers and technology teams.
- Identifying potential issues or risks, tracking problems, recommending alternatives, and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Supporting product end users including responding to feedback, collecting evidence of a defect, organising testing or other activities.
- Developing and maintaining subject matter expertise across new systems and processes
You must be an Australian Citizen to apply. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org