This leading University are moving to a new Salesforce platform, specifically designed for the education industry and now requires an Iteration Manager to join their growing team.
Your brand-new role will see you act as the lead for Agile Methodology and facilitate efficient, engaging and productive agile ceremonies including daily stand ups, sprint and release planning and retrospectives.
- Ensure that JIRA is configured correctly to reflect the team’s workflow, configuring workflows, dashboards, reports and screens to optimise team efficiency
- Ensure Ubers, EPICs and Stories are well defined, have clear acceptance criteria and any dependencies are recorded
- Liaise with the Release and Environment coordinator to ensure releases are planned effectively, defects are resolved and the release checklist is completed
- Schedule and facilitate hyper-care sessions, maintain/review issues raised and ensure triaged appropriately
- Ensure the roadmap considers key release dates and other date constraints
- Identify and document dependencies on other projects and work with the Project Manager and Initiative Lead to incorporate into roadmaps and the project schedule
- Ensure stories, tasks and bugs are assigned and actioned as soon as possible and wait time and lag are minimised
- Provision of sprint reports to highlight progress, defects, efficiency and key risks and issues
- Support the Product Owner/Initiative Leave in maintaining and prioritising the team’s work backlog
- Work collaboratively with team(s), key stakeholders and other technology areas/functions to support the team in meeting its delivery expectations
- Agile Practice Continuous Improvement Support, educate and coach the team and stakeholders on agile values and best practice
Skills and experience
- Significant experience as an Iteration Manager, Scrum Master or Agile coach in large and complex organisations and having delivered software leveraging iterative/agile frameworks, practices and delivery metrics
- Working knowledge of iterative and flow-based work systems and complementary frameworks e.g. Lean, Kanban, Scrum, Scrum, SAFe, Devops/CD-CI; also, having used and trained teams in adoption of concepts such as MVP and work decomposition to accelerate delivery of value
- Solid communication and facilitation skills, with extensive experience in creation and facilitation of agile ceremonies.
- Experience in working with teams to manage large and diverse stakeholder groups at all levels across the organisation and the proven ability to resolve challenges across teams and, remove impediments in support of delivery team outcomes.
- Proven leadership and team building skills, preferably working in an Agile environment within teams that provide continuous delivery of value to the customer/stakeholder
- Highly motivated individual with initiative, a professional approach and excellent people skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Apply now to secure an interview or contact Dylan Tasker on 9236 7753 for a confidential discussion.