Our client is a government organisation located in the outer north of Melbourne, who have a great permanent opportunity for an Information Systems Support Officer to provide service desk and IT support.
- Permanent role with a salary range of $70K to $80K plus super
- Onsite role based in Broadford with travel to other nearby sites
- Must have drivers license and vehicle
In this role, you will ensure that Information Systems continue to operate effectively while providing a high level of service to all users. Responsibilities of the role may include but are not limited to:
- Provision of first level Help Desk support on all systems, network and user hardware applications, internal and mobile phone systems and devices
- Identification of network bottlenecks and faults and develop strategies to alleviate issues
- Perform after-hours work as requested in the maintenance of information system
- Create and run PowerShell scripts to automate process such as mailbox creation, Skype account setup and user account creation
- Work on Service Desk statistics and provide report to senior management using PowerBI or other appropriate tools
- Site visitations across multiples sites to provide customer service, install new equipment
- general system administration duties including user account creation and removal, software upgrades, hardware and software maintenance, checking audit logs, maintaining log files etc.
- Develop and maintain documentation of system and installation procedures, including operational instructions
- Provision of advice to users or Service Desk staff concerning system functionality and applications e.g. word processing, spreadsheets etc.
- Assist Service Desk staff with installation, relocation or reconfiguration of network systems equipment including PCs and printers
The successful applicant will have:
- Solid demonstrated experience in service desk, helpdesk and IT support
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong ability to prioritise work, and provide resolutions in appropriate timeframes
- Experience and Training of ITIL or equivalent ITSM systems
- Solid technical skills and experience that includes Microsoft Office 365 and Azure based computer systems, telecommunications, networks, Active Directory environment, virtualization, and device management
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or lesser formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience
- Drivers license and own transport
Please note that if successful in securing this role, you will be required to hold a valid Working With Children Check, and undertake a police check.
Please submit your resume ASAP. For more information, please call Jarrodd on 0438 661 623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.