- 6 month contract || 2x 6 month optional extensions
- Federal Government Department
- Flexible WFH arrangement ( Not fully remote )
About The Team:
The Strategy, Design and Architecture branch sets the future direction for architecture and technology from within the Enterprise Solutions and Technology portfolio. We architect, design and assure solutions that support evolving data-led and digital services; present and future requirements. We understand new change initiatives, reduce complexities, develop practical IT solutions, and support the IT Portfolio to enable strategic and data-driven decision making.
About The Role:
We are seeking an experienced information designer to join our branch and be the lead for a developing a range of design products including strategies, presentations and visual documentations to support the Strategy, Design and Architecture branch.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to take complex information and create presentations and documentation that makes the narrative easily consumable for the target audience. They will present information in a way that fosters an efficient and effective understanding of the information. The intended audience of these products will be executive and corporate level.
Please ensure a portfolio of work or examples of complex messaging being presented into visually consumable documentation is included as part of your application.
Our Ideal Job Seeker:
- Demonstrated experience as a visual storyteller in a corporate or government environment
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Ability to extract a brief from a range of stakeholders and prepare work by gathering information and materials
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end
- Outstanding portfolio of corporate design work (portfolio of work must be submitted as part of application)
- Be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional time management and communications skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with the capacity to manage shifting priorities
- Strong conceptual thinking and design skills with great attention to detail
- Organisational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritise assignments, and meet tight deadlines
- Work independently and as part of a team to design visual products within timeframes, using creative design tools and techniques
- Apply Design Thinking skills, design methodology and industry best practice to achieve innovative graphic design solutions for stakeholders
- Assist in the design and facilitation of stakeholder conversations including application of design principles which clarify expectations and achieve outcomes
- Build and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders to achieve business outcomes
- Tailor communication style and language according to the audiences level of knowledge, skill and experience in order to obtain and exchange information
- Actively seek and manage outcomes of feedback from stakeholders, gauging their satisfaction to improve design products developed
- Contribute design knowledge and expertise to resolve problems, identify alternative courses of action, or new ideas, and their implications
If you are interested in this role please apply below, alternatively you can contact Ziomi Warchalowski on 0475092132 for a confidential chat.