Our client is a community focused federal government agency. They have an exciting opportunity available for a Freedom of Information Officer (FOI) to join the Parliamentary, Ministerial & FOI Branch in managing the relationship between the Agency and the Minister’s Office. It supports the Agency in meeting the Minister’s objectives and priorities by providing timely, objective and strategic advice.
12-month initial Labour Hire contracts with the opportunity to extend. APS4 and APS5 level role offering an hourly rate of $43.82 & $53.63 hourly + Super, this position will be based out of Geelong
This is a hybrid position, offering 2 days working from home, with the remaining 3 on site. 37.5-hour work weeks, with 8-hour days expected.
About the role:
The Freedom of Information Officer will, under direction, assist the team in the coordination of Freedom of Information (FOI) requests made to the Agency and will ensure the Agency meets its legal obligations in relation to the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
The role will assist the team with Participant Information Access (PIA) requests made to the Agency and contribute to the development of the Agency’s information handling requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking procedures to assist a FOI Decision Maker to create, process, make and close FOI decisions, ensuring all matters are recorded correctly on all databases in accordance with the FOI Act
- Preparing and drafting a range of material including data reports, briefing material and correspondence
- Providing administrative support to develop systems, processes and practical tools including training to support FOI and PIA handling and awareness
- Providing administrative access where necessary to relevant local servers, distribution lists and agency databases to FOI team members
- Assisting in preparing statistical reports for senior staff where required
- Undertaking procedures to assist a PIA Decision Maker to create, process, make, record and close PIAs and ensure all matters are recorded and closed correctly on all databases where required
- Australian citizenship is a requirement to be eligible for this position
- Demonstrated experience in the use of ICT (Adobe, MS Outlook, etc) to support administrative tasks is considered essential for success in this role
- Be self-motivated, committed and possess strong communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- High-level attention to detail against established priorities, practices, and methodologies to deliver quality outcomes
Submit your resume, or for further information please contact