Our client in the Critical Infrastructure space is looking for a Enterprise Systems Manager, located in the Greater Atlanta area with the ability to be on-site 3x a week. This position reports directly to the CIO, and is responsible for improving user experience within the M365 suite of user applications and services and includes management of an in-house team of developers and external support. This division of the company provides IT services for 1,000+ users across various affiliated companies.
This role is focused on adopting and utilizing the Microsoft product suite including integration into the workforce digital experience. The position also includes duties focused on utilization of Power Apps, Automate, and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) development via UiPath. You will also collaborate with the Infrastructure teams to support architecture, planning, and roll-out of Microsoft products and integration points with enterprise systems. This position is also responsible for taking ownership over the M365 governance groups, as well as focusing on thought leadership on AI and incorporating it into workforce productivity applications.
- Understand customer’s business and initiatives, including anticipation of their requirements
- Gather information on corporate vision, objectives, limitations, resources, etc. and develop strategies for departments to assist with reaching initiatives of the corporation
- Build and maintain IT roadmaps aligning with business strategies
- Provide strategic planning and provide IT vision for the corporation regarding applications under management
- Align business needs with application products and services
- Build, update, and maintain IT roadmaps for key technologies within the company
- Build and maintain multi-year resource plans in order to support application development and ongoing support
- Provide key input into Microsoft EA multi-year agreements. Present strategies to senior executives, peers, and staff.
- Proactively develop and maintain M365 knowledge on product suite and other applications relevant to the business
- Develop multi-year technology plans for applications while taking into consideration business requirements, desires outcomes and alignment, technology integration points and constraints, new versions, and application end-of-life plans
- Identify future-state architecture and work alongside technology peers to set direction
- Partner with users, infrastructure personnel, and Microsoft to achieve effective user experiences and realization of the full value of Microsoft 365 product suite
- Design, build out, and maintain structure around governance that defines metrics/objectives relevant to effective use of Microsoft products
- Align with users via user community groups and activities
- Integrate IT infrastructure into user experience plans and objectives
Low-code development management
- Take ownership over daily operational efficiency, project result, and process quality
- Manage daily efforts of external and internal development personnel in the delivery/support of Microsoft and UiPath solutions
- Focus on development standards, methodology, and solution delivery when providing leadership to the team
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance requirements
- Cultivate environments conducive to open communication between the team and customers
- Lead the enterprise system project teams
- Maintain and manage ongoing relationships with customer, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Assign single points of contact for customers to coordinate product requests and services
- Provide leadership, oversight, and standards of any citizen development activities for the Microsoft products or any other low-code technologies
- Evangelize the products and their value to the business
- Build strategic relationships with vendors and IT suppliers
- Identify and manage staff of innovative and skilled individuals skilled in M365 products, process automation applications, and other tools
- Perform daily performance management and monitoring, incorporating staff development programs, goals, coaching, and training
- Establish and communicate clear expectations of individual staff and teams, and provide regular feedback to associates regarding their work
- Initiate personnel actions, including hiring, promotions, transfers, discharges, disciplinary measures, etc.
- Trains associates to ensure effective delivery. Define and execute cross-training to ensure depth of support.
- Administers the execution of personnel-related tasks, e.g. timesheets, compensation, etc.
Contract and Financial Management
- Manage costs through budget planning and cost monitoring
- Manage product and service agreements
- Develop and manage annual budget
- Performs monthly budget forecasts
- Oversee cost-management duties (i.e. overseeing expenditures, developing and administering contracts, purchase orders, invoices etc.)
- Manage outsourcing and sub-contracting agreements
Bachelor’s Degree – concentration in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or related degree.
- 8-10 years of IT solution design and systems programming
- In-depth M365 product suite knowledge
- Development with low-code tools (i.e. Microsoft Power Apps/Automate)
- Proven track record of success as an enterprise systems leader with experience implementing IT solutions for core back-office functions (i.e. finance, HR, procurement)
- Creation and presentation of strategic and tactical project plans to customers and internal management
- Ability to support an IT org in a matrixed and complex environment with a focus on customer-facing activities
- Experience applying innovation and analytical skills
- Third party relationship management
- Application development experience in Microsoft low-code platforms (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI)
- Ability to manage and plan multiple project tasks concurrently using Microsoft Project or some other project management tool
- Development with UiPath a plus
- Knowledge and experience with organizational change management technique is a plus
- Knowledge of electric utility industry is a plus
- 20% bonus
- 11% automatic retirement match