- Exciting EL1 Strategic Policy and Communications Role within a large Federal Government Department.
- Initial contract until 30 June 2024 with the possibility of extensions up to 12-month
- Labour hire position in Canberra, ACT; other locations maybe considered.
About the Role:
Our client is seeking an experienced Strategic Policy and Communications Advisor to join the Workforce Data Intelligence Unit.
This role will be part of a dynamic team responsible for generating data-driven intelligence to support evidence-based reform of Australia’s health workforce. The team is dedicated to fostering a thriving data-driven culture to ensure the optimal utilization of workforce data.
Reporting to the Senior Director, the Strategic Policy and Communications Advisor will oversee the communication activities across the HWDIU and ensure the delivery of clear and targeted communication products and policy documents. The advisor will work across the Health Workforce Data Intelligence Unit and various areas of the Department to gather information on priority data analytics and modeling work, organize and facilitate stakeholder workshops, and produce high-quality documents and communication products. These products include communication plans, standard language and messaging, publications such as reports and web content, new policy proposals, costings information, briefings, implementation plans, executive and stakeholder presentations. This resource will immediately enhance the Unit’s strategic capability, enabling swift progress on several crucial policy and data initiatives, including time-sensitive work on workforce modeling.
- Develop a coordinated, strategic communication plan for the Unit, with individual plans as needed for various workstreams.
- Create high-quality documents, including communication artifacts, briefings, standard language and messaging, policy documents, publication materials, web content, new policy proposals, costings information, implementation plans, and executive and stakeholder presentations.
- Collaborate across the Division and different areas of the Department to consolidate various workforce information requirements.
- Draft concise, persuasive communication and policy documents.
- Coordinate the implementation of new work programs, including initial planning, resource recruitment, and reporting structures.
- Support any change processes resulting from the implementation of new work programs or the realignment of existing work programs.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated history of successfully leading small teams operating at the intersection of data and policy.
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment in interpreting policy and effectively, and if necessary, sensitively communicating it.
- Proficiency in applying sound stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills for leading and facilitating discussions with key stakeholders.
- To be eligible for employment for this role, you must be an Australian citizen.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to Connie at Talent International by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button. Alternatively, you can contact Connie on 02 6129 6318 or email@example.com for further information.