- EL1 Medical Research Officer role within a Federal Government Agency
- 6-12 Months initial contract with possible extension
- Campbell Park location
Our client is seeking expressions of interest to join its Mental Health and Research Translation team within The Directorate of Health Research (DHR).
About the role
This EL1 Medical Research Officer will support the translation and reporting functions of the team, the roles also support a busy and dynamic team that supports the needs of the RCDVS Taskforce. Sometimes the tasks can change in response to need.
Ideally, candidates will demonstrate an ability to adapt quickly to changing environments, support other staff under pressure and be innovative and good at finding solutions to complex problems. In this role you will liaise with colleagues across Defence to develop responses, communication strategies and approaches, consolidate evidence for Defence and work cooperatively as a member of a high-performing team to provide support to the RCDVSTF and DHR as required. Working with other Government agencies to ensure Defence is represented is also an important part of the role of the team.
This role may involve exposure to material and situations that may be confronting or disturbing, and that may cause personal distress. The Taskforce has a range of wellbeing supports available to staff both during and after their time with the Taskforce.
Skills and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or equivalent work experience (A degree in Health, Medical, Psychology, Social or Behavioural disciplines with experience in health research are desirable).
- Demonstrated experience in working within a government setting to provide summaries, briefing packs, Ministerial responses and communication strategies.
- Be able to demonstrate your capacity to engage positively with stakeholders, manage stakeholder engagement and negotiate beneficial outcomes.
- Ability to manage external contractors, including graphic design and communication methods.
- Have excellent writing skills, including the ability to explain complex technical ideas clearly and succinctly while maintaining scientific integrity and complying with ethical and legal requirements.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team to produce high quality, accurate and rapid responses for high profile, short turnaround tasks.
- To be eligible for employment in this role, you must be an Australian citizen, and have a current AGSVA Baseline/NV1 security clearance.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to Connie at Talent International by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button. Alternatively, you can contact Connie on 02 6129 6318 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.