- Exciting EL1 Enterprise Change Manager role within a large Federal Government Department.
- Great opportunity to apply creative and innovative thinking to how the Department approaches change management at an organisational level.
- On-going Full-Time role, available in ACT/NSW/SA/TAS/VIC/QLD locations.
About the Role:
Our client is seeking an experienced Change Manager who join the CMO Office. As an Enterprise Change Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to apply creative and innovative thinking to how the Department approaches change management at an organisational level.
You’ll have exposure to a wide variety of projects and programs, working with senior leaders and staff to apply the Department’s Enterprise Change Management Framework, methodology and tools, while partnering with other capabilities to drive integration and alignment.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply skills in research, learning & development, facilitation, communication, user-centred design, psychology, or project management to the successful adoption of change.
- Shape strategic thinking by using evidence to develop change management strategies that support the Department’s priorities and objectives.
- Coordinate portfolios change management services and products, collaborating with other change managers across teams.
- Gather evidence-based intelligence about change impact, transition, risks to adoption, and readiness to inform portfolio change management products, change management plans, and decision-making.
- Effectively engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand their needs, cultivate productive relationships, and secure commitment.
- Integrate and coordinate change management plans to help internal and external stakeholders understand relevant impacts and provide targeted support to accelerate their acceptance of changes.
- Offer strategic advice to project teams on emerging risks and strategies to minimize impacts on end users and manage readiness-related issues.
- Facilitate targeted change sessions (face-to-face and virtual) to assist leaders and staff in identifying appropriate ways to manage change.
- Coach and support leaders and staff in the application of the Department’s change management practices.
- Manage change networks to facilitate two-way feedback, maintain momentum, escalate issues, and share best practices.
- Contribute to increasing the maturity of change management within the Department.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated equivalent job experience in change management
- Change management qualifications
- To be eligible for employment for this role, you must be an Australian citizen.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to Connie at Talent International by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button. Alternatively, you can contact Connie on 02 6129 6318 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.