Our client is a large federal government agency responsible for implementing Australia’s largest social reform since Medicare. They have a great opportunity for an EL1 Assistant Director Evidence Based Practice to join the Evidence for Action team within the Research and Evaluation Branch, and lead a team to support a range of strategic initiatives including workforce development. This team also supports participants to make informed decisions through decision guides, fact sheets or other forms of communication.
- Initial 12 month contract with ongoing extensions highly likely
- Richmond or Geelong location with 3 days in office and 2 from home
- EL1 level with a daily rate of $602.55 plus super
As the EL1 Assistant Director Evidence Based Practice, you will undertake very complex work that delivers quality outcomes within the Research and Evaluation functions of the Agency. This will include coordinating detailed or sensitive projects that may include performing varied activities involving many different and unrelated processes or methods that may impact on the strategic or operational outcomes that support the NDIA’s objectives to “build a world-leading National Disability Insurance Scheme”.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Use expertise in evidence-based practice, knowledge translation and implementation science to support Agency projects
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to translate research into actions
- Lead internal capability activities designed to support evidence informed decision making, including online learning and community of practice
- Develop resources to communicate research findings
- Support implementation of evidence-based approaches into policy and practice
- Maintain project records using research software or platforms
- Prepare and present internal reports including slide-pack summaries for stakeholders and communicating recommendations to stakeholders based upon the findings
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated skills and experience specifically within Expertise in evidence-based practice and Knowledge Translation
- A strong understanding of academic and professional research, and an extensive background in Research
- Previous research leadership experience, with strong research project management and stakeholder engagement capabilities
- Strong technical skills within research, including qualitative, quantitative, data presentation and communication
- Qualifications in disability, allied health, public health or related discipline (PhD or post grad qualifications preferred)
- Extensive professional background in research within public or allied health, disability services, social sciences, clinical psychology, NGOs or consulting will be ideal
Please note that this role is with a federal government organisation and is only open to Australian Citizens.
Submit your resume, or for further information please contact email@example.com