- This EL2 position leads a small team of cyber professionals in the day to day cyber security operation.
- 6 month contract
- Australian Citizenship with a current NV1 security clearance is required
- Canberra based, hybrid working arrangements can be considered
About the role
As the Cyber Security Advisor, you will play a pivotal role in providing guidance, oversight, and coordination to ensure the cyber security posture of organisation and its networks remains robust and compliant.
As the Cyber Security Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering and maintaining cyber security policies, plans, and procedures.
- Coordinating, reviewing, and delivering cyber security artefacts for Authority to Operate processes.
- Providing technical security advice for the planning and implementation of new hardware and software solutions, aligning with Australian Government security guidelines.
- Leading cyber security investigations and coordinating incident resolution and remediation.
- Developing briefs for Senior Executives, Boards, and Committees.
- Overseeing cyber uplift programs, changes, and minor projects.
- Coordinating and leading a small cyber security team.
- Delivering, maintaining, and presenting cyber security training for staff members.
To be successful in this role, you should possess:
- A strong background in cyber security, preferably with experience in applying ICT security services in the Australian Government context.
- Familiarity with the security standards of Government networks.
- Previous experience in an IT Security Adviser or similar role is highly desirable.
- Ability to provide advice for networks at various security classifications.
- Proficiency in writing and maintaining cyber security documentation, including security policies and risk assessments, according to government and international standards.
- Strong independent work ethic, attention to detail, and effective multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- NV1 security clearance as a minimum (highly desirable).
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to Yvonne Yang at Talent by clicking the ‘APPLY NOW’ button. Alternatively, you can contact Yvonne on 02 6129 6315 for further information.