Talent International is searching for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our client, a large government agency. This role is based in Brisbane CBD on a contract basis until June 2024.
About the role:
Our client is seeking a suitably experienced DevOps Engineer to contribute to the successful delivery of a high priority ICT project and assist with deployment. This technical upgrade project includes the provision of consolidated systems and infrastructure, including transition to cloud services, as well as upgrades of cellular carriage and network services to support new capabilities and an increase in device fleet for the organisation.
- Design and deliver cloud environments supporting infrastructure and application delivery (infrastructure-as-code).
- Migrate traditional infrastructure and build pipelines to continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Deliver automation and orchestration to drive performance and cost efficiencies.
- Work as an active member of an Agile software development team.
- Deploy and configure software application changes for traditional computer systems.
- Provide a high level of technical advice and guidance to projects, vendors and other business units.
- Provide specialist tier 2/3 support with production issues.
- Maintain software configuration items for supported computer systems in a configuration management database.
- Develop and maintain procedures for supported computer systems.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of ICT professionals and graduates.
- Release Engineering practitioner with demonstrated experience in assisting teams mature code with branch management, CI/CD, test automation, particularly focusing on Jenkins.
- Infrastructure as Code leadership, using tools like Terraform; creation and maintenance of Terraform modules; migration of existing cloud state into Terraform.
- AWS Cloud platform expert knowledge
- Application Performance Monitoring – Dynatrace if possible, to observe and monitor application bottlenecks and the ability the progress the team to System Reliability Engineering best practices.
- System Administration – monitoring, service capacities, operational states, backups, patching, upgrading
- Toolset automation – integration of toolsets to automate targeted common workflows
- Basic scripting with multiple languages
- eg Powershell, Bash, Python, Perl, TCL
- .Net programming languages, C# etc
- Knowledge of:
- DevOps principles
- Infrastructure as Code
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT and/or relevant industry certifications.
- Experience in Agile delivery
- Knowledge in all phases of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile Software Development practices
- Experience in tools such as confluence and Jira
How to Apply:
To find out more, please “Apply for this job” or contact Jenifer Mitchell on (07) 3031 4511 or email@example.com
For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com