Our client is a federal government body who are responsible for regulating all vehicles in Australia over 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass.
The role sits withing their Data & Technology division which are focused on investing in a modern data platform to drive better safety outcomes that save lives. The Data Engineering function was established to design, implement and maintain a brand new, full-featured, enterprise data platform that supports teams of developers ranging from data scientists, spatial developers, analytics developers, app developers, to citizen developers. Releases are expected to occur at mind blowing speeds and complexity while ensuring production maintains highly available and fully secure.
- Participate and collaborate in a high performing SCRUM team to deliver on key BAU activities and milestones from the Project Roadmap, and Data Engineering Strategy.
- Demonstrate excellent judgement skills at interpreting business requirements, estimating workloads, prioritizing tasks, and managing time in the delivery of quality solutions to meet deadlines.
- Communicate well and respectfully through all written and verbal interactions.
- Conduct or facilitate feasibility, requirements gathering, user acceptance, demonstration, or other meetings with team and with customers.
- Provide technical guidance and be a role model to junior engineers.
- Research, design, develop and be accountable for an intuitive, fully automated deployment pipelines using CI/CD, test plans, and pipeline status dashboards.
- Propose and build automation and integration solutions needed to support the data engineering function.
- Operate within ITSM processes and integrate automation with processes as much as possible to develop highly efficient, easy to use deployment pipelines.
- Participate in rotating incident management duties which includes troubleshooting and resolving incidents, performing RCAs, configuring monitoring, and writing troubleshooting guides.
- Proactively remediate and document operational incidents, project risks, and impediments where possible or otherwise surface these items as appropriate to project managers and senior team members.
- Show initiative and provide academic-level technical research, POCs, and analysis when contributing to platform improvements, exploring new features, or conducting feasibility studies.
Skills and Capabilities
- Demonstrated extensive experience with deployment technologies: Azure DevOps, GIT, Bicep, YAML, etc
- Demonstrated extensive experience with Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated experience with programming patterns: SOLID, GoF, Enterprise Software Architecture, etc
- Demonstrated experience with technical writing: Concept, UML, DFD, BPMN, etc
- Demonstrated experience with compiled languages: C# and Java
- Proven ability to communicate effectively through documentation and technology to shape human behaviour that can help themselves and adhere to process and security controls.
- Proven ability to work as part of a self-organising team to provide reliable, consistent, high-quality advice and project support.
- Well-developed understanding of deployment strategies and techniques such as CI/CD, Infrastructure-as-code, server-less deployments, containerisation, rollback, high availability releases, etc
- Well-developed understanding of testing methodologies such as unit tests, regression tests, integration tests, functional tests, acceptance tests, smoke tests, test plans, etc.
As it would be a permanent placement, there are other benefits on offer that focus on a healthy work / life balance:
- Ability to participate in a 20-day work roster cycle which enables employees to accrue approx. 1 RDO day per month = up to 12 days additional leave per year.
- Ability to accrue TOIL for approved additional hours worked.
- Paid time off during the Christmas shutdown period without the deduction of annual leave during the client’s closure period.
- Salary packaging options available including superannuation salary sacrifice with additional contributions made by the client for those who do salary sacrifice superannuation.
- Paid parental leave and purchased leave options available.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, Talent and everything in-between, don’t hesitate to call Brid Coughlan on 0439 213 636 for a confidential discussion.