- Join one of Canberra’s Cultural Institutions
- Contract until June 2024 + 12 month extension
- Data warehouse/business intelligence products – PowerBI
- Citizenship minimum – no clearance required
To further the organisations strategic goals, the Data Governance and Management Section has commenced work on the implementation of an Analytics Platform in early 2023, to establish a cloud base datawarehouse to provide business insights into the wealth of information available within the institution.
As the result of new funding, we are currently looking to engage a skilled Data/Systems Analyst to supplement an existing team in the current development activities associated with the extension of the project, and post-project as it transitions to service. The technologies used to implement the Analytics Platform are Azure Synapse Analytics, with Power BI reporting.
Work within a small team consisting of APS and third-party provider staff, ou will undertake a range of activities across the development lifecycle including, any or all of the following:
- Facilitating meetings with business users to elicit detailed requirements
- Liaise with technical staff to identify and investigate data sources
- Undertake data modelling/ mapping and ETL development
- Manage the Azure Synapse and Power BI environments associated with the Analytics Platform including release management activities, streamlining operational processes to enhance business intelligence capabilities in Azure cloud environment
- Undertake Power BI development to provide business users with actionable business intelligence
We are specifically looking for someone with the following:
- Demonstrated experience and technical competency in data warehouse/business intelligence products;
- Experience data mapping, data modelling and data cleansing, dealing with a variety of database formats and connectivity methods;
- Experience interpreting business requirements/ processes, designing and implementing processes to streamline operations;
- Self-directed, working under limited supervision, and reporting to the Technical Team Leader and Project Manager on activity status and issues as necessary
- Experience with Azure/Synapse Analytics or Power BI
Please contact Sanat on 6129 6326 for more information and to apply.