Due to growth our federal government client is seeking a Data Product Owner to join their team based in Richmond or Geelong. You will be part of The Data and Analytics groups which supports the client by providing high quality data and reporting, and translating insights into measurable business performance improvements. It focuses on delivering data and reporting while building data literacy capability across the branch and regions. The team develops, governs, and maintains an enterprise data warehouse and manages the clients’ reporting platforms and production content. It designs and builds Business Intelligence (BI) interventions and prototype analytic solutions and reports, identifying trends and drivers of performance.
Other duties will be:
- Contributing to the data strategy and product roadmap for key customer accounts. Respond and oversee customer needs, pain-points and opportunities, research and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Using reporting and analysis tools and establish Data & Analytics capabilities to design, deliver and continually enhance data assets and products while leading the squad in product concept design and validation
- Maintaining, assembling, and prioritising a squad backlog, reflecting product roadmap activities and accommodating important and urgent ad hoc requests.
- Leading backlog planning, including story/requirements definition and effort estimation, with increasing resolution for nearer term work.
To apply for this opportunity, you will need the following:
- Be an Australian Citizen
- Hands on experience as a Product Owner.
- Experienced in agile product development process for data products.
- Experienced in developing product roadmaps.
- Able to understand complex business problems and translate into high level data solutions.
- Experience in developing, refining, and maintaining a product backlog prioritised on business value.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage resources to work on concurrent discovery, design and build activity for multiple product builds in parallel.
- Experience creating wireframes, visualising a solution is a bonus skill
- Data analysis skills is a bonus skill
- Experience working in data businesses and/or working as a scrum master is a bonus skill
- Hands on experience developing detailed User Stories and UAC is a bonus skill
Our client offers a 37.5 hour week with 3 days in the office and 2 days from home. For more information, please call Shelley on 0418 572 482 or email email@example.com