Our client is a large federal government agency. They are seeking a Data Modeler to join their team for a 12-month period (with 12-month extension option). This role will lead and perform Enterprise Data Modelling Activity including Conceptual, Logical as well as Physical Data Models for EDW Core and Access Layers. The role will focus on collaborating with key business areas in the development and implementation of consumable reports and analytics to address key risks and emerging trends within these areas.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Provide thought Leadership in Data Modelling, and Physical Design of Core and Access Layers.
- Lead Data Modelling Activity for multiple initiatives.
- Set peer review and data modelling release standards.
- Provide knowledge transfer sessions on best practices on data modelling, release process etc.
- Own the technical implementation of new data from analysis to data modelling (designing and delivering data dictionary, defining best practices of data modelling and review steps).
- Facilitate continuous improvement measures in delivery principles, coding standards, documentation and provide training sessions to team.
- Development and maintenance of Data Models and ensure they are up to date including S2T.
- Collaboration with data consumers, database development, testers and IT support teams.
The Data Services Modeller should have 4+ years’ experience in similar roles, and is expected to have level of competency:
- SQL / Teradata – demonstrated competency in developing, auditing, and reviewing code.
- Data Modelling techniques and experience in Data Modelling tools.
- DevOps – Ability to understand DevOps process and can use DevOps tools in accordance with the process.
- Version control – ability to demonstrate knowledge of version controls and its appropriate uses
- Excel – competency with required systems, software, and programs, including SAS and Excel.
- Strong experience in Source to Targets and 3Nf Data Models in a large enterprise.
- Data Modelling experience. E.g., 3NF, Data Vault, Dimensional Modelling.
- Data Modelling techniques and Data Modelling tools such as Erwin and experience in Source to Target Mappings.
- Agile Delivery/Ways of working.
- Knowledge of Metadata/Model driven frameworks.
- Be an Australian Citizen.
This role will be based in the clients Richmond or Geelong office 3 days each week, with flexible arrangements in place for the remaining 2 days. For more information, please call Kylie on 0408 388 680 or email email@example.com