Data Governance Analyst // Government // 6 + Month Contract
- 6+ Month + Day Rate Contract
- Sydney CBD, NSW / Hybrid (2 days p/w in office) & Flexi working
- Government Department
Talent International is working in partnership with our government client in seeking an experiened Data Governance Analyst to join their front of line, best practice & industry leading team, in data management.
This role requires a minimum of 4 years’ experience within the data collection and management space, with experience in Data Policy, Lineage, and Quality.
The initial contract engagement is to June 2024 with the possibility of extensions thereafter.
- Work with Data Owners, Data Stewards, subject matter experts and management stakeholders to implement and maintain Data Governance policies, systems, processes, and controls. You will ensure that these are at par with best practices and aligned to the Data Governance framework and strategies.
- Review proposals for change, make recommendations, and provide specialist advice on Data Governance policies, systems, processes, and controls, and their implementation using existing Data Management tools.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Data Governance through the introduction and adoption of industry best practices and the development of new or better organisational practices, processes, and standards.
- Collate, collect, and examine records, analyse evidence, and draft formal compliance reports for Data Governance forums.
- 4+ years’ experience in Data Governance (Government / Financial Services / Insurance / Regulatory environment – desirable)
- Sound knowledge of data analysis, knowledge of advanced Excel to clean and manipulate data, and/or build reports; knowledge of SQL is an advantage
- A passion for data; why and how it is collected & retained
- Excellent communication and business engagement skills
- Experience working with large-scale Data Governance programs & developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with policy, standards, and processes
- Experience working in teams responsible for data governance frameworks, policies, standards, and processes
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply online now! or email your current resume to: Rochelle.Chaffey@talentinternational.com
Please note: Candidates must be based in the Greater Sydney Area and existing full Australian working rights. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for this role.