Our client is a large federal government agency. They are seeking a Data Architect to join their team for a 12-month period (with 12-month extension option). This role will lead project stream for the client data warehouse platform. This includes updating data development documentation, providing technical guidance to developers & reviewing/approving data designs & data models.
The role will focus on collaborating with key business areas in the development & implementation of consumable reports & analytics to address key risks & emerging trends within these areas.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Provide thought Leadership in Data Architecture, Data Modelling, Design, Integration as well as End to End Data Delivery Lifecycle approaches
- Govern & advise on multiple Data Delivery Initiatives
- Design & Approve Data Delivery Patterns
- Provide technical leadership to the project delivery teams through design reviews, advising on implementation best practices, defining and refining release process and technical workshops
- Review and refine the data delivery framework to enhance integration of new sources, performance of existing data delivery and rapid development of new subject areas
- Set peer review and data modelling release standards
- Provide knowledge transfer sessions on best practices on development, data modelling, release process etc
- Own the technical implementation of new data from analysis to delivery
- Facilitate continuous improvement measures in delivery principles, coding standards, documentation and provide training sessions to team
- Provide guidance on Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models and strong experience in Data model tools like Erwin
- Development and maintenance of system documentation
- Collaboration with data consumers, database development, testers, and IT support teams
The Data Services Architect should have 6+ years’ experience in similar roles, & is expected to have level of competency of the following:
- SQL / Teradata – demonstrated competency in developing, auditing and reviewing code
- Strong Data Architecture skills including Enterprise scale conformed models and ability to design for analytical use
- DevOps – ability to understand DevOps process
- Data Architecture – including knowledge of various modelling techniques.
- Version control – ability to demonstrate knowledge of version controls and its appropriate uses
- Required systems inc. Teradata and Excel
- Strong Data Architecture skills with demonstrated experience of end-to-end build of EDW Data Models.
- Data Governance experience
- Agile Delivery/Ways of working
- Team leadership experience
- Design/Architecture Framework Definition and ongoing management examples
- Knowledge of Metadata/Model driven frameworks
- Be an Australian Citizen.
- Tertiary qualifications in mathematics, statistical, computer sciences discipline or more than 8 years of relevant work experience.
This role will be based in the clients Richmond or Geelong office 3 days each week, with flexible arrangements in place for the remaining 2 days. For more information, please call Kylie on 0408 388 680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org