Due to growth, our Federal Government client is seeking an EL1 Data Analyst to join their team in Richmond. Reporting to the Data Analyst EL2, you will be working in the Chief Risk Office group which provides strategic and operational direction and compliance function to ensure payment integrity and facilitate a reduction of potential fraud and non-compliance to the organisation.
As a Data Analyst you will exercise a considerable degree of independence to engage in very complex problem solving and issues management within the risk functions. The position will exercise sound decision-making and judgement to produce high level policy advice and operational support.
The position will coordinate and assume responsibility to undertake detailed or sensitive projects that may include performing varied activities involving many different and unrelated processes or methods that may impact on the strategic or operational outcomes that support the clients’ objectives.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking day-to-day analytical work and project management on a range of tasks including regular and one-off analyses and ad hoc requests.
- Maintaining knowledge in understanding business areas with regard to business context, goals and key performance indicators.
- Contributing to the development of reporting, assisting in the establishment of quality assurance and governance processes around all Chief Risk Office (CRO) reporting.
- Analysing data, interpreting trends, utilising problem solving, an ability to connect analysis and insights to address problems and questions.
- Collaborating with key staff within the CRO and across the client to ensure consistent use of data and reporting and internal/external messaging.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing, presenting the outcomes of work undertaken and tailoring to context.
- Monitoring and development of a small group of less experienced team members in the Monitoring Team.
To apply for this opportunity, you will need the following:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be able to attend the office 3 days per week in Richmond
- Have previous leadership experience
- Have strong experience as a Data Analyst analysing data and presenting data, interpreting trends and insights
- Previous experience working in a Risk team.
- Experience working within a fraud or payments area would be preferred.
For more information, please call Shelley on 0418 572 482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will need to complete background checks prior to starting. Applications up to the 18th September.