- 2 year fixed term full time contract
- Joining a newly established SOC program
As a member Cyber Security your role is to support the effective delivery of cyber security capability across the organization.
The Cyber Security Officer role pays a critical role to provide cyber operations, security solutions engineering and cyber governance support to ensure that cyber defence requirements are achieved and secured from current and emerging threat. This position involves supporting critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations, which may at times require extended hours of work, working on weekends or working after hours. At times, interstate travel may be required.
As the Cyber Security Officer, you will be required to analyze cyber threats and support delivery of day to day security activities within cyber operations, governance and/or security solutions engineering space.
The core objectives and responsibilities of the Cyber Security Officer includes supporting delivery of enterprise cyber security operations and governance capability; supporting analysis of security events of interest or identifying an opportunity for tuning and using defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources include external partners.
- Review and respond to allocated cyber security engagements.
- Support incident response investigations
- Manage and respond to cyber events of Interest escalations
- Identify improvements and changes required based on analysis
- Support management of SOC use cases and associated correlation rule development
- Working with external partners partners to assist with delivery of enterprise security projects, initiatives and capabilities.
- Maintain situation awareness of cyber threat landscape
- Analyze and respond to Zero day threats and security vulnerabilities.
- Support security administrative functions relative to media recovery, enterprise wide privileged access reviews and other security specific activities.
- Develop and execute different security related procedures.
- Maintain and develop new whitelisting signatures for app whitelisting, whilst maintaining existing.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
- Integrate and share information with other teams including partners and vendors.
- Support and contribute to development and maintaining of documentation artefacts
- Support licence maintenance including renewals for security tools and applications used by Cyber Security team.
- Review security related change requests and assess against organisational risk.
- Monitoring mailboxes and responding to client requests and questions involving Information Security.
- Support delivering information security advice and other BAU services services, ensuring at all times that a quality solution is being delivered within expected timeframes
- Contribute to security risk assessments and others tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
As a Cyber Security Officer you will have:
- An inherent passion for cyber security and service excellence.
- Experience in a customer-facing technical or security support environments
- Good investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deliver and support cyber security operational services
- Familiar with general information security concepts and practices
- Working knowledge of common attack vectors, threat tactics and attacker techniques
- Cyber Security qualifications and/or industry certifications
- A proactive approach to customer issues and problem resolution
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and engage with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to set clear objectives and monitor performance.
If you are intrested in the position please apply below or alternativly you can phone Ziomi Warchalowski for a confidental discussion on 0475092132.