One of our Government clients based in Macquarie Park (1 day a week) are looking for a Compliance Officer for a 12 month contract. This role is paying $420pd + super
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support planned reviews of key compliance obligations and provide recommendations to management that strengthen controls and practices to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and policy obligations.
- Contribute to the development of high quality, streamlined, and fit for purpose compliance strategy, plans, policies, and resources.
- Undertake research and analysis of best practice and good practice compliance management and evaluate enterprise-wide compliance activities to inform continuous improvement and capability building processes.
- Provide advice, support and guidance, and foster close working relationships with senior management teams and key stakeholders to effectively implement compliance activities.
- Contribute to the development of compliance related education, training, and information.
- Prepare, or contribute to the preparation of high-quality reports on the status of compliance activities that are aligned to enterprise-wide outcomes.
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of briefs, reports and insights that provide a strong foundation for executive level decision making, and which meet the organisations executive, government, ministerial, and parliamentary obligations.
- Sound understanding of the workings of Government combined with knowledge of regulatory and corporate governance and policy frameworks.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with a capacity to research, analyse and develop reasoned arguments to effectively communicate in depth conceptual issues and to prepare complex reports, correspondence, and presentations.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or demonstrated, relevant, equivalent professional experience.
- Governance, compliance and risk, or audit experience
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW by submitting your resume in MS Word Format. For further information, you may contact Molly Twelvetrees on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.