- Communications Specialist role within a large government-own organisation
- 12 Months Full Time Fixed Term Contract – with flexible working arrangements
- $117K – $127K + 14% Super
Our client is a government-owned organisation responsible for providing services which are essential to the nation’s safety and economic security. They are committed to the continual improvement of their services by becoming leaner, more efficient and more responsive to the changing needs of their customers.
About the role
As Communications Specialist you will work closely with the Head of Internal Communications and the Safety & Security Assurance team as a primary contributor to the organisation’s ongoing management of PFAS, a major environmental priority for the organisation.
As an experienced communications practitioner, you will work closely with the PFAS Strategy & Delivery team to develop and deliver timely, relevant and targeted communications. Your work will be pivotal developing and implement communication strategies for internal and external audiences to ensure the organisation is able to meet is objectives and deliver the necessary business outcomes on this important issue.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with Executives, senior leaders and stakeholders across our diverse business groups to advise, develop and implement effective strategic communication strategies, plans and collateral that drive team member alignment and engagement.
- Leverage our enterprise messaging and channels to connect our people to the organisation’s purpose, direction and priorities and underpin improving our team member experience.
- Contribute to, and where appropriate lead, a coordinated, aligned and strategic communications approach to the organisation’s response to PFAS
- Effectively lead and drive the communication agenda for dedicated partner groups/functions, identifying short and long-term needs and managing requirements end-to-end, from planning to delivery.
- Assess the current state and then plan, create and deliver communications strategies that support stakeholder needs while ensuring key audiences are engaged.
- Maximising opportunities and minimising risk in successfully launching and embedding a range of business priorities and initiatives.
- Align to and establish strong working relationships with key Executives, senior leaders and line managers within partner groups/functions to become a trusted advisor on sensitive and day-to-day issues.
- Lead communication and content planning and development in alignment with other Communications professionals.
- Work in an integrated way with the broader Communications team to ensure effective alignment of messaging, use of channels and content coordination.
- Ensure sequenced, leader-led, top down/bottom-up internal communication plans and processes to ensure key internal audiences are informed and engaged about group/function priorities and initiatives.
- Write, edit and produce compelling, targeted, clear content and communications materials managing distribution to meet agreed timing and plans.
- Work across the Communications and organisation’ team to ensure an integrated stakeholder approach for priorities and initiatives with wider impacts, such as media and external, digital, changes and projects, customer engagement or government relations.
- Work with business group leaders on their role in effective communication to build communication capability at organisation’ through partnership, coaching and providing actionable insights and advice to achieve required objectives.
- Contribute to a shared organisations communication agenda, identifying opportunities for alignment within a group/function, across business groups/functions and across the organisations network.
- Build awareness and understanding of the Communications function and its services and contribute to establishing the value of business partnering for key stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
With a minimum of seven years’ experience in communication and engagement roles, you have demonstrated ability to:
- Design, deliver and evaluate communication and engagement strategies in support of the internal communication strategy / priorities to deliver business outcomes.
- Provide timely advice and direction on effective communication strategies that inform and help team member buy-in, commitment and contribution to business outcomes.
- “Hit the ground running” to quickly navigate and establish essential working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work flexibly and at pace, often with competing priorities in a busy business environment with a strong transformation agenda.
- Manage and influence key relationships to achieve priority business outcomes.
- Communicate persuasively, with authority and sensitivity to the diverse and divergent views of key stakeholders.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key business stakeholders, including the senior leaders to ensure there is effective coordination of activities in support of organisational objectives.
- Integrity and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- To be eligible for employment in this role, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident as an Aviation Identity Card (AIC) is required for this role.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to Connie at Talent International by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button. Alternatively, you can contact Connie on 02 6129 6318 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information