Opportunity to work with this leading health services organisation as Cloud Database Administrator providing Business As Usual (BAU) and project based support to ensure the availability, performance, security and integrity of databases used for cloud and on-premise databases.
Your brand-new role will include proactive monitoring and capacity planning. The organisation is currently undertaking a digital transformation, which will include the migration of databases and data services to the cloud, as part of the overall “cloud first” strategy.
Key activities will include
- Provide technical leadership and Subject Matter Expertise in respect of database administration, for cloud and on-premise environments
- Level 3 escalated database support to the broader IT Team
- Ensure availability, integrity, security and performance of databases, both on premise and cloud based
- Responsible for the key areas of database administration, including but not limited to configuration management, security rules implementation, automation, monitoring and tuning, data custodian management, trouble shooting, and backup
- Manage and support the proactive monitoring and alerting of databases to ensure high availability
- Participate in Data Centre to Cloud migration activities
- Manage and maintain strong business relationship with stakeholders
- Liaise with vendors and stakeholders
Skills and experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a database administration role within enterprise level Oracle and SQL Server database environments
- Previous experience in Linux and Windows Server operating systems
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders, vendors and customers
- Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to priorities workload and competing demands and conflicting priorities
- Creative problem solver with technical aptitude, able to quickly grasp concepts and add new insights
- Exposure to cloud databases including Azure and Amazon Web Services highly regarded but not mandatory
Apply now to secure an interview or contact Samantha Hogan on 9236 7786 for a confidential discussion.