Our client is a large federal government agency. They are seeking an EL2 Chief Architect to join on a long term contracting basis to oversee all architecture across a large and highly complex national organisation.
- 12 month contract plus 12 month extensions
- Role can be Richmond or Geelong based, with 3 days in the office per week, and flexible arrangements for 2 days
- Daily rate up to 1200 per day
The role is required to provide leadership, communications, control, planning, resource management, stakeholder management and recommendation making on behalf of the broader ICT function. The EL2 Chief Architect is responsible for initiating, establishing, and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Where required, it will represent and negotiate on behalf of the Agency to advance the Agency’s interests in cross-agency, inter-jurisdictional and other forums.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including senior management, business units, and vendors, to ensure that the Enterprise Architecture function is both aligned with agency objectives, as well as influencing the future direction of the agency’s ICT investment path
- Developing and maintaining relevant roadmaps, reference models, principles, standards and other related Enterprise Architecture artefacts, as required to assist with reaching organisational consensus and commitment to the future direction for the technology execution within and across the agency
- Represent the agency’s intent and interests at various cross government technical forums, on behalf of the CIO or equivalent Agency Head of Technology
- Assisting the ICT PMO with prioritising and sequencing investment opportunities, to maximise the ROI and benefits to the organisation, ensuring that the available ICT resources are optimally utilised, and the future demand is predicted with the best foresight available
- Provide internal advisory services on ICT matters, for investment recommendations, business cases, and contributing to briefs, risk assessments, committee papers and reports as required
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and regulations, including those related to information security, privacy, and data protection
- Conducting presentations of Enterprise Architecture reference models, principles, policies, standards and roadmaps to a diverse stakeholder groups
- Contribute to relevant steering committees, translating the technical issues into business impact and likely organisational consequences
- Reviewing and providing technical recommendations and advisory services to decision makers at key technical decision forums, such as the Architecture Review Board and the Architecture Design and Data Authority
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working as an Enterprise Architect delivering solutions within the insurance, financial services, disability or health services domains
- Experience working on multi-cloud-based environment, including working with digital transformation teams, UML, UX/CX designers, and assistant technology enabled (Accessibility Compliant) technologies
- TOGAF certified or equivalent IT architectural qualification
- Comfortable with new ways of thinking about accessibility and enthusiastic about accessible design & development will be highly regarded
- Able to comply with Australian Federal Government security requirements (including NV1 clearance if required)
Excellent listening, communication, and stakeholder management skills
Bachelor of Science/Business in Information Technology or equivalent tertiary. TOGAF certified or equivalent IT architectural qualification is desirable
Please note that this role is only open to Australian Citizens. You must be eligible to obtain an NV1 security clearance, or ideally already have this.
Please submit your resume ASAP. For more information, please call Jarrodd on 0438 661 623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.