Talent is partnering with a highly regarded global Consulting and Services organisation to source an experienced Service Design Lead. Our client has won countless awards worldwide and appears as a top contender on many prestigious lists such as Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
About the role
Our client is seeking a Capital Projects Lead to help deliver real estate capital projects across Auckland, Sydney and Canberra. This role will be focusing on managing 4-5 internal fit-out projects in conjunction with construction experts. The successful candidate will be looking at internal design of spaces, coordination of activities across the program, ensuring that there is no scope creep, management of risk, management of budgets, and overall project governance and global reporting.
- Oversee the entire design and project delivery processes for real estate projects that not only meet the business requirements but also align with the organisation’s global policies, processes, and building standards, encompassing workplace, environmental sustainability, inclusivity, life safety, security, and technology, while ensuring compliance with local norms, codes, and regulations
- Take charge of or provide assistance in identifying, recommending for selection, and onboarding vendors in collaboration with the Procurement team
- Create and monitor the project schedule, utilizing best practices in Capital Projects project management. This involves early identification and reporting of risks and their mitigation, as well as tracking progress based on key milestones.
- Preparing and submitting capital budget estimates and oversee regular reporting on the agreed-upon capital budget estimate and manage financial closeouts effectively.
- Coordinate project and design reviews at critical project stages with RE leadership to ensure compliance with global guidelines and performance metrics
- Degree in Engineering/Architecture/Construction Management will be preferred
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience leading end-to-end project delivery of construction fit-out projects
- Proven stakeholder engagement skills
- Previous experience managing large budgets
- Initial 9-month contract
- Fully remote working available with option to go into Sydney office as desired
- Some travel to Auckland and Canberra required