Talent International is currently recruiting for an experienced Building Surveyor to work for a Government client based in Sydney CBD. This position is a 6 month contract with the view to be extended. The position is paying a daily rate between $480.00 – 600.00 plus super. The position will be a hybrid role– 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
Primary purpose of the position
The role of a Building Surveyor is to conduct mandatory functions under relevant legislation, provide certification services approve and regulate activities on public and private land, and conduct mandatory inspections.
- Assess applications for building work and issue certificates under Parts 4 and 6 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 in the capacity of a Registered Certifier.
- Undertake inspection and assessment functions as the appointed Principal Certifier.
- Assess applications and issue permits for temporary structures (hoardings and the like) and other activities regulated under Section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993, Roads Act 1993 and other applicable Codes of Practice, Australian Standards and Council Policies.
- Provide formal advice to internal stakeholders regarding the discharging of Council’s statutory obligations under Sections 62 & 64 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2021 relating to the upgrading of existing buildings via the Development Application process.
- Liaise with those relevant internal/external stakeholders with an interest in particular applications before final approval is given.
- Oversee the regulation of building related activities, which affect the public way, health, safety and amenity to ensure public safety.
- Provide BCA and other technical advice to the Manager Building Certification.
- Support the operational needs of the Building Certification Team.
- Undertake the necessary training and project experience required to continually work towards increasing the level of individual registration held under the NSW Fair Trading Registration Scheme.
- Previous experience in a building surveyor role in local or state government
- Tertiary qualifications in building surveying or other related discipline
- Currently hold a minimum class of registration of ‘Building Surveyor – Restricted (Class 1 and 10 buildings)’ under the NSW Fair Trading registration scheme and be prepared to be work towards obtaining a ‘Building Surveyor – Unrestricted’ registration
- Experience working in either building certification or building surveying in either a Local Government or private practice setting
- Knowledge of NSW legislation relating to development and building control and the National Construction Code
- A current NSW class C Drivers Licence
If you can demonstrate all the above, then please apply now by submitting your resume and a cover letter. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 8240 9516 for a confidential discussion.