One of our partners, an award winning Microsoft Consulting Firm, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join their growing team as an Automation Tester. This is a full-time role and will need to be on-site 5 days a week in their Washington DC office. This person must also have an Active Top-Secret Clearance.
This position is for exciting projects that offer implementing newer technologies, implementing industry standard processes with the opportunity to grow. The candidate should have strong technical and must be a good team player.
Overall, the position requires familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. It also relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The position requires at least 2 years of automation testing experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The candidate should have good communication, be detailed oriented and quick to learn. The candidate must be able to perform a variety of tasks and have a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- 5+ years test execution, bug / defect tracking, and various automation tools such as Postman and Selenium.
- Create automated test scripts.
- Test plans/test scripts/ familiar with scripting languages/PowerShell, Python (or), running automation tests using various technologies.
- Load tests, run automated 508 tests. Using open-source testing tools.
- Excellent understanding of test-driven development with the ability to assist in unit test creation when needed.
- Excellent understanding of UI component testing tools such as Jest / Enzyme.
- Excellent understanding of testing ReactJS / Redux components.
- Experience creating test cases based off various requirements.
- Experience working on a large collaborative team.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience working in Azure DevOps for tracking work items and implementing automated testing.
- Must understand various technology concepts such as REST and Web Services.
- Must be a proactive individual willing to understand the test requirements and able to implement them effectively.
- Must be able to effectively assist and work with developers to understand the testing requirements and criteria.
- Must be able to act as a Quality lead and strive to ensure overall quality of the application.
- 2 years’ experience writing and executing scripts
- 2 years’ experience testing system performance
- 2 years knowledge of the Software Engineering and Quality Assurance discipline
- 2 years’ experience working within an Agile Methodology
- Strong problem-solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Clearance: Active Top-Secret Clearance is required
- On-site Requirements: 100% onsite is required in Washington, DC