Working for Australia’s largest skills assessment organisation as an Assessment Officer will see you assess skills of individuals seeking to migrate under the Australian Government’s Skilled Migration program.
These roles require an educational assessment of Australian and overseas qualifications held by applicants and an assessment of their employment history to determine the relevance of their skills to the nominated occupation for migration.
- Undertake skills assessments comprising of an educational assessment of Australian and overseas qualifications held by applicants, and an assessment of their employment history to determine the relevance of their skills to the nominated occupation for migration
- Maintain confidential client records for the assessment of overseas qualifications and employment, and coordinate the distribution and responses to assessment enquiries to ensure that clients receive timely, clear and appropriate information about the application process, the progress of their case, and resolution of any problems and concerns
- Liaise with clients, migration agents and officers of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) as required
- Collate information from internal and external sources to assist the Manager and Coordinator with projects, planning and audits
- Respond to client enquiries including enquiries received through the Online Advisory Service
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Australian and international qualifications systems and occupations relevant to the Skilled Migration Program
Skills and experience
- Sound analytical and research skills and the ability to conduct research on Australian and overseas qualifications and educational institutions and industries
- Understanding of Australian Qualifications Framework and overseas educations systems
- Ability to establish and maintain assessment resources and databases including hard copy and electronic systems
- Understanding of the nature and skill levels required for a broader range of professional occupations in the Australian labour market
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the capacity to communicate effectively with clients from non-English speaking backgrounds and their agents
- Ability to successfully meet work deadlines and work effectively under pressure and work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Relevant undergraduate degree (Bachelor or higher) and relevant industry experience
Apply now to secure an interview or contact Josh D’Monte on 0401817025 for a confidential discussion.