Our client is a large federal government agency responsible for implementing Australia’s largest social reform since Medicare. They have a great opportunity for an APS6 Senior Research Officer to join the Evidence for Action team within the Research and Evaluation Branch, and support and contribute to a range of long-term strategic evaluation and research projects.
- Initial 12 month contract with ongoing extensions highly likely
- Richmond location with 3 days in office and 2 from home
- APS6 level with an hourly rate of $60.26 plus super
As an APS6 Senior Research Officer within the Evidence for Action team, you will support a range of research initiatives aiming to deliver the best available research evidence to inform Agency decisions. It is a team membership position that may be required to perform work that involves project leadership requiring the setting of priorities and managing workflows of a project under supervision of more senior staff.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Working with internal stakeholders to scope, develop ad manage research project plans
- Using expertise in knowledge translation to support evidence based policy and practice
- Supporting research and evaluation activities conducted by the Branch
- Maintaining project related records including research software or platforms
- Preparing and presenting internal reports and recommendations, including slide-pack summaries for stakeholders
The successful applicant will have:
- A strong understanding of academic and professional research, and an extensive background in quantitative and qualitative Research
- Demonstrated skills and experience specifically within Knowledge Translation/Research Translation/Evidence Synthesis
- Strong technical skills within research, including qualitative, quantitative, data presentation and communication
- A background in government, public or allied health, disability services, social sciences, clinical psychology, NGOs or consulting will be ideal
Please note that this role is with a federal government organisation and is only open to Australian Citizens.
Submit your resume, or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org